Any knife shop or food suggestions in Baltimore Maryland

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ucmd

Reaction score
Gonna spend a day in Baltimore this week. Any great knife shops in town.

knife shop? Nope, not that I'm aware of. There's one in Frederick, but I personally have not been. Heard it's just ok, but I wouldn't know either way.

For food and great beer I'd recommend Peter's Inn. Tiny Baltimore heavy scene, no reservations though. Fleet street is pretty good, though very over priced, but still on the high end of dining. Food Market, great stuff, again with the heavy Baltimore scene though I believe you can make reservations. Salt, Jack's Bistro, but for dessert, wit and wisdom. Don't get anything but dessert there. Voted best up coming pastry chef mid-atlantic by Vogue mag (?) last year. The guy is amazing.

Could always stop by The Best Things and check out some Sab's or Tanaka's. Not so much of a shop as an office, but they are friendly and will let you check out some nice knives. They are in Herndon, VA which is not far outside of DC.

I'd recommend Brewers Art on Charles St if your into beer, or maybe B&O bassisarie. Also on Charles I think, been a while. If you in the canton area, I'd say Jacks Bistro, or Of Love And Regret. I have to promote OlAR though, my cousins own it. The beer is outstanding though. Food okay, but its a pub first and foremost.

If you can get in, Woodberry Kitchen is constantly receiving accolades - and from friends it comes extremely highly regarded. Also Charleston.

If you can get in, Woodberry Kitchen is constantly receiving accolades - and from friends it comes extremely highly regarded. Also Charleston.

:plus1:

Woodberry Kitchen is one of my top favorite restaurants! Their entrees are delicious and their desserts are equally good, which personally I think is kind of rare. They also have a cafe/restaurant place called Artifact Coffee. I love their tea latte! :)

http://artifactcoffee.com/

Back