Place to buy Vintage French knives in Paris?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in Paris for a short vacation and wondered if anyone knows of a place to find used high quality knives? (Ironically enough new - even vintage new - french stuff is cheaper in the states.) Is the famous flea market (Les Puces) worth visiting for this?

I live in Paris, and there's not much market for used stuff i know of.
Even 'les puces de st ouen" will probably sell knives made in china...
Most of the good supplies stores are in the same area as Dehillerin.
You can also visit
Mora
La Bovida
G Detou
A. Simon

If you want knives (regional for example) you can visit Courty or "armes bastille"

I live in Paris, and there's not much market for used stuff i know of.

I hear you. I used to live in France and went back a couple of years ago to Lyon. I even hired a well known food blogger there to track down places that might have vintage copperware, old knives, and other kitchenwares. She found the best places in Lyon, and I spent hours looking and came back with NOTHING. I saw less than 5 kitchen knives. Frankly, though it isn't as 'romantic' as finding a vintage French knife in Paris on a visit, it will be 10x easier to find some on etsy or eBay and you will have dozens of more options.

k.

most used items now sell thru "le bon coin" in france, where ebay has became alot more for professionnal sellers.
And there are about no knives on these 2 :(
Maybe you could try some "antiquités" stores near drouot but you'll find silver knives and that's prolly it.

Back