Quantcast
Zwilling Kramers available for pre-order on SLT - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zwilling Kramers available for pre-order on SLT

I'm going to check out the slicer, but nine inches seems a little short. I wish they had used something other than brass for the bolster and pins.
    "Experience" is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by mattrud View Post
    I am good on kramer knives, hahahahahah
    Shut up you!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rader View Post
    Love the warning at the bottom of their write-up:

"CALIFORNIA PROP 65 WARNING: This product may contain a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer, or birth defects or other reproductive harm."
    -M
    As in, if someone stabbed you in the groin with one, you might experience reproductive harm?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    As in, if someone stabbed you in the groin with one, you might experience reproductive harm?
    No, I believe it is: "your kids may be born with a curious desire to purchase ridiculously expensive cutting implements that will result in their need to hide out in forums where their behavior is tolerated and understood"

I see Kramer is also conducting a series of classes at SLT during the month of June in conjunction with this new line of knives.

http://www.surlatable.com/category/cat690426/

Closest to me is Glendale, WI -- but that is still a hike.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

SLT "Kramer is the only Master Smith in the world that specializes in kitchen cutlery." How about Murray Carter? Murray actually passed his Master Smith test with on one of his kitchen knives long before Kramer became famous with the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle Soup View Post
    SLT "Kramer is the only Master Smith in the world that specializes in kitchen cutlery." How about Murray Carter? Murray actually passed his Master Smith test with on one of his kitchen knives long before Kramer became famous with the general public.
    Believe it or not, Carter makes a lot more money making neck and outdoor knives. That's where the money is.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by so_sleepy View Post
    I'm going to check out the slicer, but nine inches seems a little short. I wish they had used something other than brass for the bolster and pins.
    Sounds like a great everyday knife to me! And I love brass pins! To each his own, I guess...
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rader View Post
    Love the warning at the bottom of their write-up:

"CALIFORNIA PROP 65 WARNING: This product may contain a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer, or birth defects or other reproductive harm."
    -M
    At my last job I used markers with this warning all day, every day!
    They have changed the wording slighty, likely because of a-holes like me!
    It used to read "...known to cause cancer by the state of California".
    I always told everyone we were safe because we are pretty far away from California, and if I'm ever that way, I'll be IN California. All those people in states by California had better be careful, though.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Not to stir up a hornets nest, but why doesn't this knife generate the same scrutiny and criticism as the Richmond Addict.

Seems to me to be a comparable situation; an entry level copy of a high end knife produced by a long established, high volume knife factory. Actually, with the price of the SLT Kramer, entry level might be inappropriate.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

+ Reply to Thread