Quantcast
Gesshin Heiji
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gesshin Heiji

Gesshin Heiji

Here is a 210mm Gesshin Heiji. I bought this in late January, and have since used it about 4 times to prep veggies for my family. So, basically the knife is brand new. You will notice that the bevel does not have an even finish toward the tip of the knife. This is because I tried a new finishing stone on it that was too hard for knives, however this blade still has the original edge and bevels (ie. it is unsharpened by me aside from the few minutes on the finishing stone). I can even out the finish if you like. I would like to keep it, but I have come into a few new knives and need funds ...I'm sure no one has ever had that happen here before

Paid $450 + Shipping Less than 45 Days ago

Asking $400 Including Shipping (CONUS) and Paypal Fees

Thanks,
    Chris

At Death's Door You Only Have 2 choices. Die Happy or Die Regretfully.
    Knowing this...........Choose 1 and Live!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Guys,
    The asking price was a Typo...It's actually $375 including paypal fees and Shipping CONUS...

Regards,
    Chris

nice knife, somebody should snatch this! i have a 240 and a 270, and they are about the best i've used.

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    nice knife, somebody should snatch this! i have a 240 and a 270, and they are about the best i've used.
    Wow, even above the Singatirin now?

Quote Originally Posted by heirkb View Post
    Wow, even above the Singatirin now?
    they are different. my significantly thinned Singatirin is just great, but the 240 Heiji cuts like hell, too. The semi-stainless Heiji doesn't degrade nearly as quickly, and the Heiji releases food better, though the Singatirin cuts better, for about 2/3rds of the blade (I have the tip third much thinner on my Heijis than the Singatirin, as I had tip chip issues when I super thinned the Honyaki tip). Glad I didn't find a trade on the 270, as I used it for a meal on Sunday, and I just fell in love with that knife, again, as an everything (from paring to fowl carving). i'd buy this 210 Heiji if I had a use for a 210 Heiji, and had money for one.

carbon or semi-stainless?

looks like semi-stainless, to me. the Heiji semi-stainless is killer.

I was in a hurry when I wrote the first post, and apparently left out some pertinent information. Sorry, about that.

This is a 210mm (a little longer) Gesshin Heiji Semi Stainless Wa Gyuto with a burned chestnut handle. The Saya IS included, as well as the original box.

Could you post more picture of the blade, the backside, will you consider to ship internatinally?