Quantcast
tojiro zen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tojiro zen

tojiro zen

anyone ever used one of these? seems like a dp with a crappy wa handle and i want to try my hand and doing a rehandle and need a 210mm suji/petty and its pretty inexpensive. so anyone got anything on these?

http://www.cutleryandmore.com/product_view.asp?id=17813

it is the dp with a wa handle. the site that's unmentionable has the wa handled dp versions of the gyuto minus the zen mark.

i dont need another gyuto i have 1 240, 1 270, and 1 210. i really need a 210 petty/suji to use for breaking down citrus and fruit and as a line knife when i cook at night. for pastry its great for most work since its a tight kitchen. i guess ill pull the trigger since it fits what i want.

the dp was one of my first j knives. i liked it. Not nearly as difficult to sharpen as some other vg10 blades out there. i cant think of any other wa gyutos in that price range...perfect knife to play around with.

i cant find another 210mm petty/suji a that price other than the dp at $10 more and the kanamesa e series for $80. so i guess ill order this thing

That's a nice price...
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

yeah i ordered it last night, so now i get to have knyfeknerd teach me how to rehandle.

Quote Originally Posted by franzb69 View Post
    with a wa handle
    I would say with a weak handle, not a "wa"

Well it will be gone soon enough

I would say with a weak handle, not a "wa"
    i wouldn't mind playing around with that weak handle til it crumbles then i start deciding on rehandling it. that is if i actually find someone that can do that for me on here. lol.