tojiro zen

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it is the dp with a wa handle. the site that's unmentionable has the wa handled dp versions of the gyuto minus the zen mark.

i dont need another gyuto i have 1 240, 1 270, and 1 210. i really need a 210 petty/suji to use for breaking down citrus and fruit and as a line knife when i cook at night. for pastry its great for most work since its a tight kitchen. i guess ill pull the trigger since it fits what i want.

the dp was one of my first j knives. i liked it. Not nearly as difficult to sharpen as some other vg10 blades out there. i cant think of any other wa gyutos in that price range...perfect knife to play around with.

i cant find another 210mm petty/suji a that price other than the dp at $10 more and the kanamesa e series for $80. so i guess ill order this thing

yeah i ordered it last night, so now i get to have knyfeknerd teach me how to rehandle.

I would say with a weak handle, not a "wa"

i wouldn't mind playing around with that weak handle til it crumbles then i start deciding on rehandling it. that is if i actually find someone that can do that for me on here. lol.

i currently have a grand cheff being not only rehandled, but converted from western to wa by taz57 if you guys are interested in acquiring his services, shoot him a pm. btw pumba, you can come check out his work in person when it's finished.

Back