Hello from London

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chudomir

Reaction score
I just wanted to introduce myself and express my gratitude for all the knowledge you guys are willing to share.
Currently I live in London but originally I was born and grew up in the Balkans. I've been cooking my way trough Europe for the past 7 years until I landed in London and things kinda started happening on their own until a year and a half later I found myself barely coping with running a small place and studying at Westminster Kingsway college with no time to do anything else and....bloody loving it!
Up until 2 months ago I was an ardent supporter of the German knife industry but then one day at college one of the guys received this artwork that the Japanese people apparently insist on calling a knife and from then it started.
This is pretty much when I began stalking you guys and led to me establishing a really good relationship with Mr. Koki Iwahara and being the damn proud owner of a Blazen gyuto and a couple of other items from the JCK store (ahoy to the fellow called Stefan).
Do not get me wrong I still highly respect my Messermeisters and I still use them on the line, just because of the damage those knives are able to take, but a proper Japanese blade is a step above IMO.

So hello, thank you and I'll see you around.

Welcome.
looking at your forum handle are you from Bulgaria by chance?

For many years I used a cheap stamped 10" stainless Messermiester from culinary school and to this day it is still one of my favorite knives. I could beat it up, hit it with a norton multistone and shave the hair off a gnats ass. I miss that knife, gave it to a kid who got his stuff stolen. welcome!

For many years I used a cheap stamped 10" stainless Messermiester from culinary school and to this day it is still one of my favorite knives. I could beat it up, hit it with a norton multistone and shave the hair off a gnats ass. I miss that knife, gave it to a kid who got his stuff stolen. welcome!

respect for that mate, hope the kid appreciates it. I don't think I would be able to give up main like that...got too much history with those knives.

Correct[/QUOTE

Ha! I knew I could not be the only one that has developed an unhealthy (at least for my bank account) obsession with sharp kitchen blades from that part of the world...we like our knives too much around there for that to be true :).

Coming to London April 7-10 any food suggestions? I have been 4 times but never with money to spend.

Latest posts

Back