Does any one use a Mukimono or single bev paring?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalaeb

Banned
Reaction score
I have been looking at the Watanabe Mukimono for no other reason than to just have it. This may sound peculiar, but I like to can my own fruits and as such use a paring knife often. My question to anyone that has one: does a right handed Mukimono have the Ura on the left or right side?

A traditional single bevel right handed knife would have the Ura on the left side, but I do most fruit peeling/skinning with the fruit in my hand pulling the knife toward me, as such having the Ura on the left would not work. Right?

If that is the case, does anyone make a left handed Mukimono, or am I making this too complicated and I should stick with dbl bevel parers?

I have a left handed Watanbe mukimono, 120mm in length. It's a great paring knife. I also use it for mincing garlic, shallots, etc. It may be more expensive than you need. Of course, does anybody buy more than one or two knives because of "need"?

Back