Gesshin ginga versus Suisin Inox Honyaki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark76

Reaction score
I'm considering a top 210 mm laser gyuto and have single it down to these two knives.

What I read about them is that they are very similar. Does anyone know what the differences are? I've read the handle on the Suisin is nicer than on the Ginga.

Do you know other differences? (E.g., do both have mirror polished blades?) Do they have imilar profiles/geometries? What warrants the about $100 the Suisin costs more.

Thanks Zwiefel, I'd read that thread.

There was one post saying that the handle on the Suisin is much nicer (and more ergonomic?) than on the Ginga. Is there anyone who can elaborate on that?

i have a suisin IH santoku and two gingas, a 240 and a 150 petty. i have to say i was surprised in that overall, the fit and finish on the handle and collar are nicer on the gingas. the ferrule and handle are rounded on the IH in a nice way, and the handle material itself is nicer (yew vs ho), but the seam is nice and flush on my gingas, not so on the IH. functionally, irrelevant though.

Latest posts

Back