Quantcast
The Knife of the decade!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Knife of the decade!!

That is really a great thing for all of you guys to do. And thanks for making a online option for the auction!

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Now that it is official, I got to talk to Devin on the saya material. Good (stable and exhibition grade) ebony might take some time to find.

M
    Have you ever checked out Gilmer Hardwoods? They have a large selection of ebony and most everything else.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    Have you ever checked out Gilmer Hardwoods? They have a large selection of ebony and most everything else.
    The material has to be well seasoned and acclimatized. For instance, most tropical hardwoods I buy are kiln dried and I still let them sit for 6 months or longer (a year on average) before I am comfortable working them. Gilmer Hardwoods are air dried with moisture content over 15%.

M

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with! I'm sure it's gonna be amazing and for a nice cause, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Now that it is official, I got to talk to Devin on the saya material. Good (stable and exhibition grade) ebony might take some time to find.

M
    PM coming your way RE material.

Marko I tried to send you a PM, but I got a message saying "Marko Tsourkan has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."
    Last edited by Potato42; 05-11-2011 at 02:13 PM. Reason: couldn't send PM
    - Sean

Hmm, i almost feel like I shouldn't bid on it, as it might be more meaningul when used in the hands of an American chef. Someone tell me that this isn't the correct mindset?

Sigh, still one of the greatest tragedies of all time - a senseless base act of cowardice.

I have a feeling it will go to an American but not a chef. Bottom line is the most we can get for the camp.

Yep, this is one of those times I'll be ok to lose to a corporation's representative who puts the knife in a glass showcase at the office foyer. But my bid will definitely be there... not sure if it'll go the whole distance though. Really nice one Salty.

And Dave (Boardsmith) has generously offered a kick-a$$ cutting board that will be part of the auction ass well.

Salty, this is a great idea for a truly honorable cause. I'm also geeked to see what you and Hoss come up with!

+ Reply to Thread