• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Some good old carbon for sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike9

Banned
Reaction score
I'm letting some of my personal knives go as I've acquired new ones. These are American carbon from the bygone era that I refurbed and rehandled. All have rounded spines and choils and are sharp - prices include shipping CONUS. If you are outside the US you need to pony up the difference.

Lamson Goodnow 10" chef knife. Handle is ironwood and oak burl and it has a nice etch and a great grind. $85

lamson2_zpsf9ad2f4d.jpg

lamson3_zps63c56f54.jpg

Ontario 12" chef with black ash burl ferrule and box elder handle. $100

GEDC0634.jpg

GEDC0635.jpg

Ekco Forge 8" slicer. Ironwood/flame maple handle, 7.75" cutting edge, etched blade and sharp - I reground the choil on this one for more comfort. $80

ekco1_zpsb6666026.jpg

ekco2_zpse5bc74f8.jpg

Will possiblely sending a pm on the Ecko tomorrow morning if its still available. Have to see what my paycheck is like, lol

that Ontario knife works chef knife appears to be Korean war issue 1953 to the US army. The ekco forge was a really top notch knife maker back in the day. Then the seventies happened and everything went down hill from there. This is a nice one. Big fan of the vintage Lamson Goodnow

Love that Ontario. Sharp looking knife, like the handle too. 12 is too big tho, i'd lose a knuckle or stab something by accident lol

Lamson is SOLD - Congrats to Don.

Ontario and Ekco Forge still available.

Can't wait! My first real gyuto was a 300, so I'm feeling a little reminiscent.

Your work looks impeccable!

Ontario SOLD - thanks Chris. Nice old Ekco Forge slicer still looking for a new home.

I wish, that Ecko is calling my name, just can't swing it

Item arrived today. I feel like I stole something, because this Ontario is waaay nicer than the $100 price tag. The handle is very well crafted, and the conversion is flawless. The blade itself is in very good condition, too!

Someone scoop up that Ecko, it is so well worth it!

Thanks again, Mike.

Back