African Bubinga - Natural Hardwood Blocks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
African Bubinga is a dense hardwood that can be used as a natural wood or it can be stabilized.
The coloring is a rich reddish orange with burgundy grain patterns. I feel the best finish to be used on natural Bubinga is Danish or Tung Oil. When fine sanded and finished the wood gets a bit darker and shows a subtle metallic luster. I just added a dozen blocks of Natural Bubinga to the web store. This is old stock Bubinga that I purchased from a local woodworker who has since passed away. He had marked the planks with the date when he purchased it. The plank these blocks were cut from was labeled 1983. So....as you can guess, this wood is dry and ready to use.

Free Us Shipping - Money Back Guarantee.

Click on the photo to go to the Natural Hardwood Blocks section where these are located in the store.

Said something to the same effect I our other wood pushers thread but I've seen this stuff in guitars and basses and its a beautiful wood.

Back