Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kanetsune Aogami series 210mm gyuto review and passaround

Ok sorry for the delay folks my car was run into in a parking lot last week and I've been busy car shopping and fighting with insurance and this just wasn't a good time for me to receive this. But I did get to use it a bit. For starters as I said feels good in hand. I liked the weight and balance. I didn't notice any wedging really but I only got a chance to dice some onions and slice peppers and mushrooms and trim some fat off pork chops. It worked effortlessly at these tasks. Some nice see through shaving of garlic was a snap. Being that this was my first experience with a gyuto I liked it. My every day prep knife is a cck carbon slicer. I did find it a bit short and too narrow for my tastes and I'd prefer a larger gyuto. Food did stick a bit but that's not something that bothers me. It has a nice flattish profile I found worked equally well for slicing and chopping. As you can tell I'm not much of a reviewer and I'm just writing my thoughts here so please forgive the style of my writing. All in all I enjoy using it but wouldn't be my first choice. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to join this passaround as I enjoyed participating.

Vic, do you need my address?
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

vicv: sorry to hear about your car. I hate when stuff like that happens. Glad that you were able to use the knife and the feedback is great. The kanetsune is a narrow/short gyuto. Makes it a fun knife for slicing things, but I also prefer a taller blade.

I am used to a 4" tall knife too.

Ok Mr Adams its headed your way. Tracking number
    LM 804 393 358 CA

Sweet, thanks. My other PA is sitting at the post office waiting for me to pick it up. It's goona be fun having three at the same time. Going to really put them to the test by leaving my knives at home, only taking the pass arounds to work, and it's being of the wedding season for us.
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Hi don and everyones, i like to try too please, if not to late.

@jmasams13: Nice plan, should be a solid test of the PAs.

@kinkoz: Not too late.

Updated:
    1. Iagasho - Victoria BC
    2. Notaskinneychef - Victoria BC
    3. vicv - Ontario CA
    4. Jmadams13 - South Central PA [knife enroute]
    5. kinkoz - California

Thanks Don

Got knife today. Didn't use it yet, but gotta say, for this price point, the f&f is spot on, minus the sharp Spine and choil. Profile looks nice, and seems balanced nicely. Sharp from last user, but will out my own edge on it so I can judge retention better. I'll do a true write up after us use it a while.

Kinkoz, pm me your address.