Quantcast
Kanetsune Aogami series 210mm gyuto review and passaround - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kanetsune Aogami series 210mm gyuto review and passaround

just received it last night, immediately went to work on a couple potatoes for hash browns. I like the weight of the knife feels good in hand, well balanced near as I like it anyways. The handle fit and finish by the bolster isn't bad, but down on the pinky pommel or butt of the handle it has a couple gaps where the tang was filed away but the handle doesn't fit snugly into the area. I am not much of a gyuto fan in the first place but I'll be honest I do like this knife, just not in love with it I will try it on some proteins here in the upcoming nights and report back with photos then.

Glad that the knife made it to CA and you already had a chance to use it. The first impressions are great, please add more when you have the chance. More feedback, the better for KKF.

My wife used it to prep her breakfast yesterday morning. She liked the size of the handle it felt just perfect in her hand. She said that she wasn't impressed with how it cut because "it felt like it was going to fly straight through the food then it got stuck 1/4 the way through then it would take more effort than your shun to finish the cut" So I used it again to make my breakfast today and compared it directly to my shun santoku and I would have to agree. I have only used it up to this point on veggies and a little bacon but I have some chicken waiting in the fridge for dinner.

After using the knife on proteins it doesn't have that same feeling of resistance cutting through them. It was gliding through lie a hot knife through butter. Even tried to cut some see through thin chicken while I was trimming it and was completely successful

sent pm to vicv

Knife is in the mail vicv

Sweet, it's getting close, lol
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Thanks. Excited now

Received. Thanks. Just got home from work. Will update. First impressions feels nice in hand.

+ Reply to Thread