• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Kaneshige 195mm Shiro-ko Usuba w/ Saya

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For Sale

Like-new Kaneshige Azumagata Usuba 195mm in White #3 w/ D-shaped Ho wood handle + saya. Unused, unsharpened. Saya and handle have been treated with a few coats of mineral oil. Kaneshige classifies this as a 210mm, but the measured edge length is 195.

This knife has a straight and level cutting edge and no gaps where the blade meets handle. Handle has nice transition from ho wood to black horn ferrule. Spine and choil could use some further smoothing out. The only flaw is the knife has a slight twist. The edge side is flat but the spine twists upward by about a millimeter at the furthest corner of the blade when laid flat on the ura/concave side. This usuba was classified as a factory second and is priced accordingly.

I intended to use this as a workhorse veg knife, considering the relatively low cost and quality construction. I have since upgraded and would like to find this kaneshige a new home.

I paid $160 shipped, asking $150 shipped CONUS.

IMG_1529_zpsa3b47705.jpg

IMG_1532_zps8f774c1c.jpg

IMG_1533_zps52ad8450.jpg

IMG_1531_zps4e7dcd97.jpg

IMG_1535_zpsc9851fd7.jpg

I can take additional photos if requested.

Thanks

Back