Quantcast
Howdy and Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howdy and Thanks!

Howdy and Thanks!

RW here,

So, I thought I would purchase a couple of new knives, and found this great forum. I then started to realize all I don't know and that I may not be ready to make the right decision yet.

After research I have discovered the need for advancement of my own sharpening and use skills first. Also, to figure out what I like and don't like about my current knives.

To that end I have purchased three decent knives from local thrift shops to practice sharpening and use skills, then on to a better equipment as I progress.

Thanks to you all and this forum for saving me a bunch of money and time in not chasing a 'holy grail' of equipment before I am ready to have the ability to care and use it.

Cheers,

RW

Engorged Member
    Sounds like you're learning already.
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

How intelligent and un-American not to just throw money at it (like I did). Welcome!

Welcome to the forums RW!
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by pitonboy View Post
    How intelligent and un-American not to just throw money at it (like I did). Welcome!
    I didn't think there was any other way...perhaps still don't. Pretty sure you can't see any "game", as it really is, without having a representative sample of the good stuff in your hands. Trying to be sensible will only cost you in the long term.

Wish I had done that a few years back, heck...wish I would do that now. Welcome!

Welcome! We can help you change your bad habits.
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Welcome to temptation!

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    Welcome! We can help you change your bad habits.
    This fool and his money will soon enough be parted, of that I am certain!

Thanks all for the warm welcome.