Howdy and Thanks!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RWBadley

Reaction score
RW here,

So, I thought I would purchase a couple of new knives, and found this great forum. I then started to realize all I don't know and that I may not be ready to make the right decision yet.

After research I have discovered the need for advancement of my own sharpening and use skills first. Also, to figure out what I like and don't like about my current knives.

To that end I have purchased three decent knives from local thrift shops to practice sharpening and use skills, then on to a better equipment as I progress.

Thanks to you all and this forum for saving me a bunch of money and time in not chasing a 'holy grail' of equipment before I am ready to have the ability to care and use it.

Cheers, :thumbsup:

RW

How intelligent and un-American not to just throw money at it (like I did). Welcome!

How intelligent and un-American not to just throw money at it (like I did). Welcome!

I didn't think there was any other way...perhaps still don't. Pretty sure you can't see any "game", as it really is, without having a representative sample of the good stuff in your hands. Trying to be sensible will only cost you in the long term.

Wish I had done that a few years back, heck...wish I would do that now. Welcome!

Welcome! We can help you change your bad habits. :biggrin:

This fool and his money will soon enough be parted, of that I am certain!

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Speaking of parting with my money... The thrift store knives I found are pretty OK steel from what I can tell. I had to dig through about 200 at several stores. Whopping cost of $1 per. :)

Welcome! One can only hold out for so long... enjoy it while it lasts:)

Back