Quantcast
Bitcoin? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bitcoin?

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    I like the idea that I can funnel money to my buddies in the Sinaloa cartel without the big bro knowing about it!
    Thank you sir! I needed that!
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

I don't know what to make of it. The idea of having an alternative currency is good but this might not be the one. I was really just curious how popular this was.

To me the main idea is that the currency is not controlled by governments and banks, so it's free from their manipulation. Sadly it's getting mainly negative rap like the cartel stuff above.

It's not like black market and criminals are not using it, but that's never an issue with other currencies, is it. I didn't see anyone talking too much against US dollar, back when 100$ bills were top choice for drug cartels and drug deals in general, or despite the fact that 90% of the same 100$ bills have cocaine trace on them, or when 500 Euro bills replaced Benjamens as the most popular choice for the same drug deals.

One benefit would be, a dozen crooks in London bank won't be able to manipulate it as other currencies. It's not perfect, and there are lots of obstacles to overcome, issues to work out, but still I see it as a positive, even though I have no money to launder

Bitcoin has been around for a while. It's a market like any other and has tanked in the past. It was notoriously used to buy/pay illegal stuff off the Silk Road. There is a lot of history behind it, and is really only known by geeks. I knew a few guys that would admin and process transactions, for which in return they would receive bitcoins. It's a system I don't fully understand myself, but lots of info is out there.

Are people trying to pay using bitcoins? Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by jayhay View Post
    Are people trying to pay using bitcoins? Just curious

Not yet but a customer did mention it to me in an email and that's what got me looking into it.