• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Takayuki Yo-Gyuto 240mm Carbon steel w/ Saya

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For Sale

This Sakai Takayuki 240mm yo gyuto has been a workhorse knife for 2 years. In that time it has been a reliable, well constructed knife that takes a wicked edge and sharpens easily. The knife is identical to this series: http://www.aoki-hamono.co.jp/english1/yo e/yo8.htm but it has a POM resin handle, not wood. Fit and finish are solid, no gaps or rough edges on the handle.

I have put an aggressive single bevel style edge on this knife, it is right hand biased but it is easily reset to a 50/50 or lefty edge at the cost of some material. Knife has never been thinned. Comes with saya+pin. Original box too.

Material: SK steel
Handle: POM (delrin type hardened resin)

I paid $170+$30 for saya. Asking $145 shipped CONUS

IMG_1561_zpsa8823958.jpg

IMG_1562_zpsad057e3d.jpg

IMG_1559_zpse6495be9.jpg

IMG_1564_zps14dcee95.jpg

Thanks!

Ok, even though this is my first Japanese knife and first gyuto, one more price drop seems in order to try and find it a new home. It is an excellent knife and is still in excellent shape, cuts like hell and is a great piece to learn how to work with carbon. Comes with original packaging in like-new condition.

$120 w/ saya, shipped CONUS. Willing to ship international, PM me if interested.

Thanks!

Back