• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S: Yoshikane 210mm V2 Tamamoku Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drumjockey

Reaction score
Great knife for small work spaces. Sharpened twice, needs a little bevel reset work. Very light patina. Has some scratches from the 5000-grit stone edge before I knew how to correct this and the tip is snubbed but very minimally. Very little work required to bring this one to form. Don't really want to part with it but I have to to make way for new gear (& pacify the wife!) Burnt chestnut handle, horn bolster, original box & lit, w/saya, $260 shipped in cont. U.S. Was $310 new in Dec. on Aframes (now out of stock). Pics forthcoming3/12:)

Bump! Trade only for 180 wa-petty + cash, pics 2moro when I return to work, sorry- as much as I need to sell this knife, I wasn't going in on my first day off in a month just to take pics:biggrin:

Price Drop to $240 shipped, and sorry I cant seem to upload pics even from photobucket, I know there's some stupid tiny little step I'm missing but I cant figure it out. Pardon the cyber-dummy, I'm tryin :)

Price Drop to $240 shipped, and sorry I cant seem to upload pics even from photobucket, I know there's some stupid tiny little step I'm missing but I cant figure it out. Pardon the cyber-dummy, I'm tryin :)

When uploading pics from photobucket click from URL on the top right of the box. And un-tick the Retrieve remote file command under the URL link.

If that makes sense?

K well the link works, Thanks Von. that was helpful, even though I couldn't get em on here, at least people can check pics now!

Just copy the direct link and put the link inside img tag on this forum.

yoshi2_zps27639db5.jpg

yoshi3_zps46ef21ea.jpg

yoshi1_zps19105665.jpg

Thank You! Sorry to be SUCH a newb, you guys are really helpful and super nice to not say some scathing s*#t like your'e probably thinkin:clown:

Last time, $220 Shipped CONUS. I know its not the prettiest, had a chip that I tried to remove on the second sharpen and didnt know what I was doing, edge ugly I know. Still don't know what I'm doing so I'm not gonna try to 'fix' what I already screwed up. But for $220?! Somebody's gotta want this, it won't take one of you guys with some actual skill very long to fix. I guess if nobody buys it I'll give it another shot after watching Dave's video about a thousand more times and practicing on the Gordon Ramsay "knives" my mother-in-law gave me for Christmas- I'm apparently a pretty good actor because my wife said mom thought I liked em:)

this is still a good deal! somebody buy this! just needs some clean up and it will serve a new owner well!

Truth franzb69. I love this knife & I don't actually WANT to sell it, I just feel like it deserves a better home. I'm too new and unskilled to own it and I realized too late. I should've joined KKF first, I would've been a lot more careful! Makes me sad & mad at myself every time I take it out of the saya, especially since I understand better now- from this forum & the crazy amount of knowledge you all have- how many things I should've done differently. I didn't know what an art form knife care really is- it isn't just something you pick up overnight by reading some forum posts by people in the know, and as with all art forms, becoming a master is a long, slow process with a lot of bumps (no pun intended) in the road. Now I'm terrified to sharpen anything nice lest I destroy that too. Just gotta keep practicing on knives I DONT love & make damn sure I'm a LOT better before anything else of caliber goes in the roll. Still believe this will be an easy fix for someone who can actually sharpen a knife. Much love KKF at least now I know how much I don't know!!:)

Truth franzb69. I love this knife & I don't actually WANT to sell it, I just feel like it deserves a better home... Still believe this will be an easy fix for someone who can actually sharpen a knife. Much love KKF at least now I know how much I don't know!!:)

Why don't you send it off to Dave Martell for a fix, and then take it real slowl whenever you come to refine the edge he puts on for you?

if you won't sell it, just give it a spa treatment like rdpx said =D

Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice and all the help everyone here has given me since I joined this forum. KKF is full of kind (and very patient!) people who really know their s^%t, I am glad to be a part of it and to learn from you all. Thank you!!

Bump! Given some love since initial pics were taken- with a LOT more care- on 1000 grit then 5000, a couple slow passes on a ceramic honing rod afterwards. 5000 lapped to avoid any more scratching. The edge is a lot more even towards the heel and it's SHARP- I think my bevel-setting has improved with practice and the help of the kind people here. Scratches have been minimized with a light rust-eraser treatment (patina was so light I wasn't worried about taking it off) and I used very light pressure to avoid adding different scratches. Still needs a little work but I didn't want to do anything I wasn't confident about and mess it up again. All in all, the advice members have given me since I posted these pics has been hugely helpful and I feel like I did a good job fixing what I screwed up before; it's cutting very nicely and looks much better. Still $220 shipped CONUS

Jeez I'm dumb. Just go to the link & it'll be the first three pics (the other three are the old pics.) NOW somebody should probably say some scathing s@#t. Or I should just change my username to 'techpathetic'

Also, if any of you wouldn't mind just taking a look at these new pics and letting me know how well I did fixing this (sorry in advance for droid pics!) I would really appreciate it. Thank you!!!

Thanks again for helping the tech idiot... the first three pics are the new ones after I repaired it, the last three are the ones previously posted. Please let me know what you guys think (HONESTY IS NEEDED!!, I need to know what I'm doing wrong and won't get my feelings hurt). Thank you!!

Latest posts

Back