Custom Order for DMT 11.5x2.5 in 8K Is On! - Pre-buy ends on Tuesday at Midnight EST.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
I will offer one-time special price for these at $99.95. It's way below their MSRT, but I am eager to get them out, as I think they are great plates, particularly in this size, and they will be my stock item along other plates in 11x2.5" size.

I will discontinue offering other sizes.

To recap the benefits of sharpening on diamond plates

- Don't need flattening & surface can be used for felt strop
- Fast (fast cutting)
- Efficient (fewer passes needed)
- Will sharpen high wear-resistant steels, while Aluminum Oxide stones won't

The last point is important if you consider moving toward high wear resistant steels.
Thanks,

M

Nice! Ill take one, some rubber feet, felt strop and diamond spray. Perfect to keep in my bag for touch ups at work.

You got it.

23mm rubber feet will be included with a plate if no custom base is ordered.

M

Cool, thanks for the deal! Ever since getting an atoma 120, I've been interested in trying something like this. Should I just complete the order on your site? Any guesstimate on a time-frame for these?

Folks at DTM said up to two weeks with shipping from the day of the order. This will give me enough time to get all the other products made (wooden bases need almost a week of finishing with Tru-Oil). I should have jars, bottles and labels within a week. Camellia oil has arrived and diamond slurry should be arriving tomorrow, but those will have to wait till the bottles are here.

You can complete the purchase through web site.

Thanks, guys -

Please check your spam folder if you haven't received a confirmation email after registering.

M

Just to remind you that to qualify for a free shipping, your order has to be over $100. If it's under, I will charge a flat rate shipping of $10. You will receive a PayPal payment request. I haven't figured out how to charge shipping through the site yet.

If you purchased a felt block by itself, shipping is included in the price.

These plates are heavy and expensive to ship. The 8K plate I already heavily discounted.

Thanks,

M

Just to remind that Pre-Order ending at Midnight Tuesday March 12. Will be placing the order with DMT tomorrow.

Thanks,

M

Thanks for setting this up Marko, looking forward to trying it out

Order placed today for 2 plates and walnut base. Thanks Marko. Sorry for repeat question, but does the walnut base have a strop, or should I order one? I currently strop on a block of 4x4, one side balsa, one side dense foam. A little primitive.
I'm close enough to make a trip to pick it up when there ready to save you postage and stuff.

Thanks Everybody who participated. I will be placing the DMT order tomorrow. I will start a separate thread for those who purchased bases with the plates.

M

Darn, I was off the forum for a couple of days and I think I missed a great group buy on those 11.5" 8000 grit DMT plates.

Marko, any chance you are going to order a couple of extras or will you stock this plate regularly?

Let me know,
Lyle

Darn, I was off the forum for a couple of days and I think I missed a great group buy on those 11.5" 8000 grit DMT plates.

Marko, any chance you are going to order a couple of extras or will you stock this plate regularly?

Let me know,
Lyle

I will order 3 extra, but they will be at a higher price range than a pre-buy offer. I might offer some incentives, depending whether other things are ordered with the plate.

M

Order submitted to DMT, waiting for confirmation, payment instruction and production time.

An update.

Somehow I counted it wrong (sorry, must been overly excited) but out of 18 of 8K plates I only received 6 and the other 12 are listed as backordered. I am going to clarify this with DMT on the arrival date of the remaining 12 tloday.

The bases and felt pads are in the production, expecting them to be finished by Monday.

I will ship what I have and the rest will follow are I receive the remaining 12 plates.

M

An update.

Somehow I counted it wrong (sorry, must been overly excited) but out of 18 of 8K plates I only received 6 and the other 12 are listed as backordered. I am going to clarify this with DMT on the arrival date of the remaining 12 tloday.

The bases and felt pads are in the production, expecting them to be finished by Monday.

I will ship what I have and the rest will follow are I receive the remaining 12 plates.

M

Just spoke to DMT. The remaining 12 8K plates should ship today or tomorrow. I should have them on Monday latest.

M

Glad to hear they are working with you - is there a ship date forth coming on your end?

Glad to hear they are working with you - is there a ship date forth coming on your end?

All 8K plates have arrived. Guys, I need another week to finish the bases and strops and ship these.

M

Back