Quantcast
Lamson Collaboration: Next Step - Page 20
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamson Collaboration: Next Step

I'm in!

When should we be ready for the knife and what kind of handle is going on it
    Respect all Fear none

Quote Originally Posted by Jmadams13 View Post
    I know I said im in, and I still am for one, but can someone post a update to what some of the decisions to the desing were from the other thread? I got lost at about page 3, the a few days and look where it is. Steel? Profile? Handle material/style? Ect... I'm sure I'm the only one wondering. That thread got a little mind boggling after a while, and it was hard to keep up, lol
    http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...-Knives/page40

Page 40, post # 397, Steel is O1, the profile is about 20 pages back in the same thread...

Thanks for the interest guys.

Timeline is still a bit up in the air. We'll have two prototypes making the rounds with both pros and "home chefs". The list is going to be compiled by me, and no offense, but I'll be contacting those who I feel should be the testers. These guys will all be well known, respected and have a lot to compare to the prototype. We'll be trying to get a huge amount accomplished in a fairly quick period, and thus we're going to be very picky with who gets a run at the prototype. I hope nobody takes it into offense if they don't receive an "invite"....

The handle is going to be cocobolo with a black G10 bolster (95% sure), and hopefully relatively soon we'll have a few pics of the whole thing.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...-Knives/page40

Page 40, post # 397, Steel is O1, the profile is about 20 pages back in the same thread...
    Lol, sorry, my post is in response to azchef, not jmadama13.

Long weekend....

Is there a chance to get a different handle ?
    Respect all Fear none

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Thanks for the interest guys.

Timeline is still a bit up in the air. We'll have two prototypes making the rounds with both pros and "home chefs". The list is going to be compiled by me, and no offense, but I'll be contacting those who I feel should be the testers. These guys will all be well known, respected and have a lot to compare to the prototype. We'll be trying to get a huge amount accomplished in a fairly quick period, and thus we're going to be very picky with who gets a run at the prototype. I hope nobody takes it into offense if they don't receive an "invite"....

The handle is going to be cocobolo with a black G10 bolster (95% sure), and hopefully relatively soon we'll have a few pics of the whole thing.
    GL, Lefty and Pierrer. Hope the pass around goes well. I already know the final design will be terrific, but it's nice to see the honest checks and balances in place for knife. Gotta be real though, I wish I could test it in a pro environment pre-production. For selfish (and selfless) reasons of course. Does my love for Bubbles change anything?

Either way, I'm looking forward to owning one. Thanks for all the hard work on this, everyone. Awesome work, boys!

At the risk of completely jumping the gun and chronology of the whole deal, I wonder if it might be cheaper to bulk ship the finished US based knives to a third party in the US, skipping trying to ship 100 individual US bound packages from Canada. The thought of having to fill out 100 customs forms makes me cringe.

The issue then is having Pierre and I literally overlook every single knife....hmmm
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    The issue then is having Pierre and I literally overlook every single knife....hmmm
    Or you could take a trip to check them out at the factory. Lamson is only a couple of hours from Boston. Could be a nice little vacation ...

+ Reply to Thread