Quantcast
Lamson Collaboration: Next Step - Page 34
Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamson Collaboration: Next Step

Did we say its possible for no handle or are they all coming with the same one?

The prototype is now in the hands of the next tester. Although I am reserving my critique until after testing is complete so not to bias the other testers, I will say that I am very positively impressed by the prototype. I can't wait for the production knives to become available.

Earlier in the thread questions were raised about the profile, and I made tracings of the prototype against three knives that may be familiar to members: the Masamoto 24 cm KS wa-gyuto, the Misono Swedish 24 cm gyuto and the Forgecraft 10" chef's. The prototype profile is in red; the other knife in black.

Masamoto KS

Misono

Forgecraft

I'll also share a few photos of the saya Tom made for it. It's a really nicely fitting saya, in every way equal to Eamon's sayas.

“I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

Very nice. And thanks for the sketches, certainly answered some thoughts/curiosities I've been pondering

Thanks for the sharing the profiles! I'm concerned about the thick neck, I tend to find thinner neck knives more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by don View Post
    Thanks for the sharing the profiles! I'm concerned about the thick neck, I tend to find thinner neck knives more comfortable.
    That's funny, I'm completely the opposite! Different strokes for different folks...
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by don View Post
    The prototype measures 23.45 mm; the Misono Swedish is 23.10 mm. I think the hybrid handle is throwing your eye off.
    “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but where do we stand at this time for the knife? How far are we from getting production rolling?

Some kind of an update on this would be awesome!

Sorry guys. Still gathering information from our testers. We're onto 4 of 6.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

i'd like to have an idea on how much this thing would cost so i could actually start saving up for it. i don't make a lot of money and the cost of my standard of living is much different from you guys so i'd like to know whenever possible.