Quantcast
Lamson Collaboration: Next Step - Page 41
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamson Collaboration: Next Step

I agree that creating something that is not a worth while product does no one any good. I guess the expectation put in place of when it would be complete just needs an update.

Guys, I appreciate all of the patience, but honestly, this has stalled because I'm not attaching my name to something that I'm not proud of. The comments have been really solid, all around, but not good enough for me. I'm a demanding SOB, and until this is what I want it to be, it's not happening...at least not with my name on it. Pierre and I have talked pretty in depth about the whole thing, and we don't feel putting a knife that we don't 100% believe in, for the sake of making a knife, is smart. In fact, it's flat out stupid, and not what I do. It's not what Pierre does either. Period.

I have redesigned the knife with many tweaks, and I'll be sharing it with a few testers before I throw it on here. As I said - the reviews have been good, but good is not great...thus, I'm not ok with it.

Also, to be perfectly candid, I'm contemplating seeking out another maker so I can be sure you guys get what you deserve after being so patient with this project. You deserve a knife that makes you wonder why you spent $500 on that Carter, when you could have spent half and gotten a knife that makes you feel like a god damn champ.

Thanks for your understanding, and yeah, I'm a dick-headed dictator when I need to be...sorry.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Lefty, I appreciate your approach and commitment to making a great knife that's a great value.

Please take the time you guys need to do it right!

After reading that I want everything to make me feel like a god damned champ, and everything I do to make everyone else feel like a god damned champ. Well said

I WANNA BE A CHAMP!!! I've always been the chump so this excites me

Good work you two on keeping this moving forward and keeping the standards high, cheers

After looking all of this over it is very intriguing and look forward to seeing something amazing out of a serious commitment to exceptional standards. And I want one whenever they may come to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Guys, I appreciate all of the patience, but honestly, this has stalled because I'm not attaching my name to something that I'm not proud of. The comments have been really solid, all around, but not good enough for me. I'm a demanding SOB, and until this is what I want it to be, it's not happening...at least not with my name on it. Pierre and I have talked pretty in depth about the whole thing, and we don't feel putting a knife that we don't 100% believe in, for the sake of making a knife, is smart. In fact, it's flat out stupid, and not what I do. It's not what Pierre does either. Period.

I have redesigned the knife with many tweaks, and I'll be sharing it with a few testers before I throw it on here. As I said - the reviews have been good, but good is not great...thus, I'm not ok with it.

Also, to be perfectly candid, I'm contemplating seeking out another maker so I can be sure you guys get what you deserve after being so patient with this project. You deserve a knife that makes you wonder why you spent $500 on that Carter, when you could have spent half and gotten a knife that makes you feel like a god damn champ.

Thanks for your understanding, and yeah, I'm a dick-headed dictator when I need to be...sorry.
    Thank you for the honest update. I have no trouble waiting but it's very nice to be informed as to why. It sounds like you both are putting a lot pressure on yourselves to get this knife right and have it be a resounding success. I'm very glad to hear that. I might be in for two on that basis.

Is it still possible to get in on this? The thought of a Canadian collaboration sends shivers down my spine. Needed something to fill that void anyways since the cold snap we were having in ottawa just broke yesterday.

Nobody is officially "in" on this. They'll take orders after the design is finalized.

And I believe they're going to let demand determine production.

Quote Originally Posted by toddnmd View Post
    Nobody is officially "in" on this. They'll take orders after the design is finalized.

And I believe they're going to let demand determine production.
    Ok good to hear. Thanks for letting me know.

+ Reply to Thread