Quantcast
Lamson Collaboration: Next Step - Page 43
Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamson Collaboration: Next Step

Gee, I sure do wonder what's happening with this knife now!

(... ...that should do it.)

Me, too! I'm saving up.

Not a good idea to poke The Bear(have you guys seen how big Pierre is...?)
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

When last I spoke with Tom, the knife went to a final tester. At that time, it had not returned, nor was Tom able to get a response from the tester. I spoke with Tom a bit ago, and we still want to go ahead with this, but this turn of events, kinda was a kick in the nuts. This is the second time a pass around piece of mine disappeared. It quite discouraging. The whole point of the pass around was two fold. One to get feedback, and two to get the knife back to examine it. To see how the materials held up... It is a set back, I now have to build another to have Lamson a place to work from.

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

I just found this forum recently. Is it still ok to express an interest in this project? If so, I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by PierreRodrigue View Post
    When last I spoke with Tom, the knife went to a final tester. At that time, it had not returned, nor was Tom able to get a response from the tester. I spoke with Tom a bit ago, and we still want to go ahead with this, but this turn of events, kinda was a kick in the nuts. This is the second time a pass around piece of mine disappeared. It quite discouraging. The whole point of the pass around was two fold. One to get feedback, and two to get the knife back to examine it. To see how the materials held up... It is a set back, I now have to build another to have Lamson a place to work from.
    Are you ******* serious?!! I really hope there were extenuating circumstances involved here and not nefarious intentions. I remember the last time it happened, I gave your knife to someone and then poof, off the radar for months. I tried calling, went to his house, nothing. I think hurricane Sandy may have been a factor but I'm not sure. I had some thoughts about something else happening behind the scenes but I couldn't confirm. Or maybe I'm just paranoid. If you are interested in these thoughts Pierre, send me a PM and put your tin foil hat on.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Quote Originally Posted by PierreRodrigue View Post
    That is really disappointing. It really bothers me when people's personal knives aren't returned in a passaround, but this one particularly stings. I'd assume the testers were senior and known members, and it bothers me even more that someone would abuse the trust of Tom & Pierre, as well as the entire community.

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    Are you ******* serious?!! I really hope there were extenuating circumstances involved here and not nefarious intentions. I remember the last time it happened, I gave your knife to someone and then poof, off the radar for months. I tried calling, went to his house, nothing. I think hurricane Sandy may have been a factor but I'm not sure. I had some thoughts about something else happening behind the scenes but I couldn't confirm. Or maybe I'm just paranoid. If you are interested in these thoughts Pierre, send me a PM and put your tin foil hat on.
    I forgot about that one. It did come home however, so no harm, no foul. The other I refereed to was a straight razor, not technically a knife, but same result. Maybe some people like my knives enough to consider signing a pass around with intent...

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Hopefully there is a good explanation, like the guy got thrown in jail for 60 days and when he gets out he will finish his review and send on the knife, along with a matching shiv he made himself in the jail shop.

Quote Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
    Hopefully there is a good explanation, like the guy got thrown in jail for 60 days and when he gets out he will finish his review and send on the knife, along with a matching shiv he made himself in the jail shop.
    Take a bunch of cigarette pack cellophane wrappers, melt them down into a block then sharpen it against concrete and wrap electrical tape around the base for a handle.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/