Quantcast
Lamson Collaboration: Next Step - Page 13
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamson Collaboration: Next Step

First run of blades are being shipped to me today.

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

First run of blades are being shipped to Pierre today.

Yes, that was on purpose.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

awesome, can't wait to see and hear about them. Good stuff, thanks guys for pushing forward with this

sweeeeeeet

Wow!! This is happening pretty quickly! I love it.

I'm very excited to see these! Cheers to you guys for taking the time and effort to make this happen!

Awesome news! I'm really excited that things are moving so quickly.

As for concerns about IP and other companies coming along and knocking off some of our ideas: I hope they do. If successful (and I think that it will be) this collaboration: both the organization and collaboration on the part of the forum and Lamson's willingness to be so responsive to what's initially a pretty small order from a small group of very demanding and knutty people should be an example for the knife industry as well. I am taking part in this and supporting it intellectually and financially because I want this knife to exist, I want to prove that this process can work, and I want to prove that the oldest knife dog in the country (L&G) can learn some new tricks and produce something that's world-beating in it's category. There's really nothing new in the kitchen knife world: everything is a copy, evolution, or composite of things that come before. I believe in openness and the free exchange of information (that's why I'm on an internet forum and not a private consulting group) and I think that "lawyering-up" and getting possessiveness is counter the the very heart of what this project and this forum should be about.

If in the end what we get from this process is an AWESOME knife at a very good price from a historic American mfg, and a bunch of other companies trying to "copy us" because our success makes them see the value of groups like ours and responsiveness like L&G's... then I'd call that a win/win.

If anything, I think that it would be cool if, once the first batch concludes, we could get this story some media attention. The media seems to really love stories like Kramer's and Cut Brooklyn's, so I can't see why they would love this one.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Amen to everything Justin0505 just said. I don't have the cash right now to order one of these (and I have the knives I need for work now anyways...) but ditto on the lack of lawyering and the like.

I know that someone will try to be opportunistic with this sort of thing but if in the end it helps change the way outside companies operate and what sorts of blade they produce then all the better. And with how driven by consumer goods we are as a society (a good thing...and sometimes a bad thing) maybe things like this will help people find cooking good food in their own damn house for themselves and for others better than going to f^%$&%ing Bennigans. Might also make people start to spend their money at good restaurants where people are devoted to beautiful nourishing food...sorry for the extended romantic rant. But a man can dream that seeing companies not produce knives that look like upside down rainbows with handles will help people start to care about how they look at food and cooking.

Am I to late to the party to purchase one, I was just able to free up some funds?

Count me in if you're still working out solid numbers. Can provide deposit when needed.

+ Reply to Thread