Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamson Collaboration: Next Step

While I'd be happy to hear from testers, it seems like their charge is to give feedback to help Lefty and Pierre make the knife even better (rather than provide the eager masses with updates). I'll wait patiently and respect their process of offering a great knife at a great value.

Todd, that means a lot. We're trying to keep this process as honest and unbiased as possible, in regards to the testers' comments. Unfortunately, we've had to keep everyone a bit in the dark in order to not affect our testers opinions. For example, if Rick were to post, "I really like the aogami super, but the cladding is more reactive than I expected it to be". The guys after him would inevitably focus their thoughts on the cladding, while subconsciously accepting that the core steel was performing well enough to almost ignore it all together. One thing I would love to see more of is pictures from our "panel" of the knife in use, and even a video should anyone be interested.

I will say, however, that we've had many positive comments, and any negatives have been both consistent (for the most part) and a very good solution as been decided upon by Pierre and myself.

Again, thanks for all of the interest and support with this project.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I hope the testers are being brutal in their appraisal of the knife. That wil only serve to make it better.

We've had a couple brutal ones.... Haha. But, as you said, it's going to make this knife even better. Even the brutally honest comments have been matters of taste, or something that we immediately agreed with. Again, the overall feeling has been very promising.
    09/06

Excellent, thanks for that update. I understand this is a long process, and wasn't expecting a boatload of information, but its always nice to get a snapshot of the process and see where it currently stands. Cheers

I took the liberty to compare it to Rodrigue Mid tech knife solely for a bit of contrast. In the pic above, the mid tech is on the left. Those who have seen the mid tech know that this knife is like tin foil thin. The project knife, though obviously not as thin throughout, does offer an excellent distal taper.

And I'm also a big fan that Rodrigue is stamped INTO the blade, not painted on.
    Also, hats off to Lefty for his saya! Solid work which I suspect he'll be soon be flooded with requests for once this knife hits "the shelves".

I think I'd like to get in line for this. How long are the blades going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by marc4pt0 View Post
    ...In the pic above, the mid tech is on the left. Those who have seen the mid tech know that this knife is like tin foil thin. The project knife, though obviously not as thin throughout, does offer an excellent distal taper.
    Did you mean in this pic the midtech is on the RIGHT? The midtech is the thinner of the two, on the right side, correct?

Yessir! Thanks for pointing that out.

The blades are going to be 240mm, but we've actually been discussing a few things along the way, and there is still one tester to use it, review it and then give us some "back and forth".

As it stands right now, there are many great attributes with this knife, and a few that we will be tweaking. My goal really is to have this in the top tier of $200 production knives. I'm particular, and as a result sometimes things take a while to get done. These are important steps, and I appreciate everyone's patience.
    09/06