Quantcast
Lamson Collaboration: Next Step - Page 42
Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamson Collaboration: Next Step

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    a knife that makes you feel like a god damn champ.
    Can you make a knife that makes me feel like a chimp, instead?

Wait Champ's? So I get some wings with my knife? Awesome....I like them extra hot with blue cheese.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Jacob, I'm sure I can come up with something. You start by peeling your bananas upside down....

Chris, I think you may or may not be drunk.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

ook! ook!

Tom and I are beating around some changes, that will elevate this build. Some slight changes to profile and ergonomics, maybe compromises on materials. No changes will be for the sake of settling for something, but adding to the knife as a whole.

Tom mentioned some changes based on feedback, and some from personal preference. As a maker, I feel these changes are solid, and worth the effort. It amounts to millimeters here and there, and will add to geometry, comfort, and aesthetics.

This whole process may seem long winded, tedious, maybe over the top, but we feel pretty strongly that it will be worth it. This will not be a "house knife" but it will be a piece designed from the ground up, for professionals and home users alike. No bling, no bull$#!t. Just a solid affordable knife.

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Pierre is bang on, as usual. I think we got busy/frustrated with feeling stuck/etc, and the we talked it over multiple times and we are more excited about it now than ever. The knife will be a bit different than you all saw before, but based on comments and preferences (as Pierre mentioned), we feel the changes are for the best. The panel has been immeasurably helpful, and while it's already a very good knife, we're confident that with the input of our guys, it will be great.

Just because I respect the hell out of him, I should also say that my earlier comment is not a knock on Murray Carter. He's the man - I'm just saying we hope our knife gives you amazing performance at a very reasonable price.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Sign me up! Any timeline?

Beautiful profile. Can't wait to see the finished product. If it was AEB-L I'd totally take one. Keeping my fingers crossed

Is this in the shitcan now?

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Is this in the shitcan now?
    I sure hope not! And I'd kind of doubt it, considering all the interest, and time/energy investment so far. Though maybe a couple comments here will prompt an update . . .