Lamson Collaboration: Next Step

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Reaction score
The Lamson/Rodrigue/McLean knife is going to the next step: We need to get some real numbers from you guys, in terms of LEGITIMATE interest. Once we get a real number, we will be able to go ahead with collecting deposits of 50% of the purchase price of the knife, and getting a prototype or two out to a select group of guys. Once everything is settled, the knife will then go to production.

What we need now is a list of guys who are willing to put a deposit down on one or more of these knives, and the number you plan on getting. We kept reading that many of you want to get one for yourself and gift another one or two, and that would be amazing!

Consider this thread the "Official Sign-Up Sheet". The purchase price is likely $200, plus shipping, so deposit will be $100USD.

Thanks guys, both for making this a reality, and for being such an awesome group of guys (and a couple ladies, I believe).

I am in, and Id be a great prototype guy for the at home cooks that have 0 formal knife traning :p :angel2:

I'm in for 3. I'm in Lamson's area fairly often. I'll be stopping in there in April.

When will this be occurring roughly? im still broke for the next 2 weeks, but after that definitely interested in 1.

Right now we are gauging serious interest/numbers. If the numbers look good to go, we will prototype/passaround, get some feed back, adjust if necessary, then prior to commissioning Lamson, we will get deposits. This will help fund the build. Balance due on shipping.

As long as the price stays close to $200, I'm in for 2.
If it goes considerably over, I would probably cut back to 1. If it's much under $200, there's a good chance I'd up it to 3.

I'm in for 1. You may want to think about managing the funding through kickstarter.com...just a thought.

Any stainless at this time? If so, I'd be in for one. If not, I'll hold off a while.

I'm in for one, and if you need it run through a busy kitchen/ used on whole animals I'd be happy to test.

Latest posts

Back