Quantcast
Hard Cider - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hard Cider

when i said cider beer maybe i said the wrong term....i was recently in scotland and they had what they called cider beers....it tasted like a sweet type of beer.....mild fruity taste....nothing like apple cider.....it might be called something else here though.....

thanks jon....so u got a recipe...i love apple cider and would love to make some home brew.....i have an orchard by me that makes great cider.....ryan

viva la revolucion !

Quote Originally Posted by sudsy9977 View Post
    when i said cider beer maybe i said the wrong term....i was recently in scotland and they had what they called cider beers....it tasted like a sweet type of beer.....mild fruity taste....nothing like apple cider.....it might be called something else here though.....

thanks jon....so u got a recipe...i love apple cider and would love to make some home brew.....i have an orchard by me that makes great cider.....ryan

i've got some recipes kicking around here somewhere, but there are a ton online. The biggest things that make a difference in my experience are the kind of apples and the type of yeast. Find good apples and a good yeast that works in the conditions you have and you're golden. The rest is just playing around with it a bit to tweak. In college, i used to use different types of champagne yeast and that worked well.

Your local home brew store will fix you up real quick like. They will also have diffferent strains of yeast on hand and should be able to provide suggestions to suite your particular target product. Some yeast will create a more dry product, some may be more/less acidic, etc.
    There's a small initial investment, but then you're rockin and rollin.
    It's actually quite easy to do. Bottling is a PITA though.

Are you guys enablers, or what? After reading this thread, I found myself picking up a six-pack of Woodchuck Granny Smith, and now the five bottles are in my fridge. Uhm, make that four...

so easy to drink, no?

I picked up some Ace Perry cider (pear/apple mix) too... i'm going to try it tonight

local home brew store?....do people actually have those?...where the heck do u guys live!....ryan

viva la revolucion !

Gotta couple of here in PDX
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

a bunch here in LA and when i lived in colorado there were even more around

i have 2 inside of 30 miles trip
    but there is a little irish pub that has mangers SP? and a 1/2 and 1/2 blackvelvetine is jsut killer

i remember as a kid drinking cider that might have been a bit past normal life and mom wandered whay we were all being soo good but boy if it was let tooo long the vinegar was a bit much

+ Reply to Thread