Spanish knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdpx

Reaction score
We are off to Spain for a couple of weeks next month [Sanlucar, Seville, Cadiz area] and I wondered if anyone here knew if it was worth looking about to buy any spanish knives. I found a website which seems to have a very large selection of weird and wonderful knives (the fish ones look particularly nuts). I started looking for the Jamon slicing knives, wondering if they would be good as a general slicer, but have decided probably not. There are some interesting shapes though....

I am sure I will be browsing in any knife shops I pass, but wondered if anyone has any experience/advice/recommendations?

http://www.filoalbacete.es/menaje/pescateros/cuchillo-pescatero-jj-120-121-122-123-124.html

[Hover on "Menaje" for the full range... the site is frustratingly slow from UK though]

those fish knives resemble the fish knives i've seen here, only smaller. they've been discussed on a different thread.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/10668-Madrid-Fish-Monger

also discussed at the media center sub category in a different thread, but can't remember where.

sorry can't help.

the spanish used to make pretty good blades, as toledo spain used to be known for their swords. no clue if there are any good kitchen knives out there.

Last time was about 10 years ago, but I never came across any knives I found irresistably interesting in Spain. If I were you, I would spend my time drinking sherry and manzanilla and learning to dance the Sevillana ;)

Stefan

I have been surprised that there is not a burgeoning crop of Spanish knives ever discussed. I would assume that quality knives would go hand in hand with quality steel and historically a lot of the high quality iron ore imported into England came from Spain. I think the weakness of my assumption may be extrapolating a source of high quality ore to high quality knives.

-AJ

Back