Quantcast
Walnut Bases and Strops - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Walnut Bases and Strops

5 US packages are going out tomorrow.

Thanks for being patient, folks. I will clear the remaining orders in the beginning of the week next week.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Today shipping out orders for:

cheft98
    daveb
    JamesL
    Sanluigi
    ksmith

International orders are on hold at the moment, but I will get to them in the next day or two.

M

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I am very happy with your work, and the size. I was not expecting what I got. It is wider, and longer than any stone I have (I don't have any large ones), which gives quite a bit more control. I have not used felt before now. Have heard people say how much they like it, and I can attest to every claim I have heard. It is def. worth a try.

Name:  2013-06-26 11-59-38.182.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  21.8 KB

That is a Dt Itk 270, for size. the rest of the knives are just in there.... well for the hell of it.

on the left is a old stock 90mm Sheffield paring knife. From Will Catcheside.
    Chewie's the man.

Thank you.

Can someone tell me how the felt is attached to the strop? Is it glued to the base ? or is a magnetic type set up ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rogue108 View Post
    Can someone tell me how the felt is attached to the strop? Is it glued to the base ? or is a magnetic type set up ?

Thanks
    There are two types of strops, felt permanently attached to the base and felt has magnetic backing. If you use it over DMT plate, it has magnetic backing.

One uses contact cement to attach felt to wood base or magnetic backing.

M

PM sent about walnut strop with felt!

Going to do a run of these in walnut and maple. I will post an update once these are almost done. They will be finished in poly.

-Bases to fit 11.5x2.5" DMT Plates
    -Wood Strops w/felt attached 11x3"

Your walnut base proved pretty popular at the DC Show with the people who were familiar with sharpening. I had one woman pick it up and insist I sell mine to her. She would not take no for an answer, although I was finally able to get it back from her.

Funny.