Quantcast
Grand Reopening and Sale Tomorrow - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grand Reopening and Sale Tomorrow

Thanks for the feedback. I think I know the problem. My web host default is at 300kb for uploading and my photos are about three times that size. When they go in they get degraded. If I can't get that fixed in short order I'll postpone the sale and shut down the site again until I can get that fixed.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

They aren't real crisp and clear, but you can still see the figure pretty well. I don't know if I would shut everything down, just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Burls View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I think I know the problem. My web host default is at 300kb for uploading and my photos are about three times that size. When they go in they get degraded. If I can't get that fixed in short order I'll postpone the sale and shut down the site again until I can get that fixed.

its definately a low resolution picture on my computer

I'm getting mixed reviews on the quality of the photos so I think it somewhat depends on the computer you're viewing them with. My wife just called me from her office where she went on her Mac and said they look fine. I will keep the site up and the sale going on while I look into how I might increase the resolution of the photos as they get uploaded to the site. I apologize to all of you who are having problems with this and I will try to resolve the issue ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Burls View Post
    I'm getting mixed reviews on the quality of the photos so I think it somewhat depends on the computer you're viewing them with. My wife just called me from her office where she went on her Mac and said they look fine. I will keep the site up and the sale going on while I look into how I might increase the resolution of the photos as they get uploaded to the site. I apologize to all of you who are having problems with this and I will try to resolve the issue ASAP.
    The resolution is set correctly at 96dpi. The problem is the image size, which looks to be only 500X500 pixels. That's fine for a preview, but to really show the detail in a piece of wood, those dimensions should be 50-100% higher.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Ditto on images. Picked up some wenge regardless.

Myron, the images are fuzzy but I like the direction you've taken to show the blocks better. Just fix the resolution issue and you're golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin0505 View Post
    The resolution is set correctly at 96dpi. The problem is the image size, which looks to be only 500X500 pixels. That's fine for a preview, but to really show the detail in a piece of wood, those dimensions should be 50-100% higher.
    Thanks. I'll see if I can modify.

I concur, seems to be nice wood in the thumbnail view, but when you click on, and get a larger image, it is very pixil-ated.

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Good News. I was able to find out how to improve the resolution of the photos on the site. The problem is that I have to do them one at a time so it's going to take a while (there are 130 or so photos). I will get on it right away, but I don't know how many I will be able to do today, so I may have to finish up tomorrow. Recognizing that this has been an issue for many of you, I will extend the sale through Sunday to make up for the day lost today. I appreciate all the feedback and look forward to getting this all resolved.

+ Reply to Thread