Grand Reopening and Sale Tomorrow

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dream Burls

Reaction score
I will be reopening dreamburls.com later today with a 15% off everything sale starting at midnight tonight. Just enter the code IDES15 in your shopping cart. The site has been redone to include new photographs that provide a better view of each piece. There are also a couple of new blocks being added including Circassian Walnut and Ironwood, with more to come in the next few weeks, including Koa, some nice Satinwood Burl and others.

im not in the market and i dont get paid til friday morning, but i have a feeling im going to buy something ><

I'll reopen the site sometime this evening so you can all get a feel for the new look before the sale starts. Of course if you see something you must have.....

Dream Burls is back in business. The site has been reopened and the sale will start at midnight tonight and run through the end of Saturday. Once again, to get the 15% discount use the code IDES15 in the shopping cart. As an extra bonus, I've also dropped the price on a number of pieces now, particularly in the Amboyna area.

I hope you all like the new look and, as always, I welcome your comments and suggestions.

Perhaps it's my computer, but unfortunately the photos are pretty poor resolution. Makes it difficult to select woods to purchase.

They are crystal clear on my three computers. Anyone else having this problem?

They aren't very crisp on my computer either.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I know the problem. My web host default is at 300kb for uploading and my photos are about three times that size. When they go in they get degraded. If I can't get that fixed in short order I'll postpone the sale and shut down the site again until I can get that fixed.

They aren't real crisp and clear, but you can still see the figure pretty well. I don't know if I would shut everything down, just sayin'

Thanks for the feedback. I think I know the problem. My web host default is at 300kb for uploading and my photos are about three times that size. When they go in they get degraded. If I can't get that fixed in short order I'll postpone the sale and shut down the site again until I can get that fixed.

its definately a low resolution picture on my computer

I'm getting mixed reviews on the quality of the photos so I think it somewhat depends on the computer you're viewing them with. My wife just called me from her office where she went on her Mac and said they look fine. I will keep the site up and the sale going on while I look into how I might increase the resolution of the photos as they get uploaded to the site. I apologize to all of you who are having problems with this and I will try to resolve the issue ASAP.

I'm getting mixed reviews on the quality of the photos so I think it somewhat depends on the computer you're viewing them with. My wife just called me from her office where she went on her Mac and said they look fine. I will keep the site up and the sale going on while I look into how I might increase the resolution of the photos as they get uploaded to the site. I apologize to all of you who are having problems with this and I will try to resolve the issue ASAP.

The resolution is set correctly at 96dpi. The problem is the image size, which looks to be only 500X500 pixels. That's fine for a preview, but to really show the detail in a piece of wood, those dimensions should be 50-100% higher.

Myron, the images are fuzzy but I like the direction you've taken to show the blocks better. Just fix the resolution issue and you're golden. :thumbsup:

The resolution is set correctly at 96dpi. The problem is the image size, which looks to be only 500X500 pixels. That's fine for a preview, but to really show the detail in a piece of wood, those dimensions should be 50-100% higher.
Thanks. I'll see if I can modify.

I concur, seems to be nice wood in the thumbnail view, but when you click on, and get a larger image, it is very pixil-ated.

Good News. I was able to find out how to improve the resolution of the photos on the site. The problem is that I have to do them one at a time so it's going to take a while (there are 130 or so photos). I will get on it right away, but I don't know how many I will be able to do today, so I may have to finish up tomorrow. Recognizing that this has been an issue for many of you, I will extend the sale through Sunday to make up for the day lost today. I appreciate all the feedback and look forward to getting this all resolved.

Better News. The new downloading did not take as long as I anticipated and they are all done. I think this solved the problem and I hope you like what you SEE. Special thanks to those of you who braved the fuzziness and bought pieces today. I really appreciate it. As I said before, I will extend the sale through Saturday to make up for the problems today. Please take another look now that things are fixed. And as always, your thoughts are always welcome.

Looks great to me. That's some killer redwood you have there. Must resist...

@mhenry: Can't help thinking that you'd do something really interesting with the amboyna with sapwood

DSC_5247-600x600.jpg

There ya go! Nice pics!!

Rick, Resistance is Futile!

I know, I have a bunch of nice looking wood from Craig Stevens and Burl source just laying around for months now. Waiting on a drill press and some belts and I may be able to try my hand a few things.....

Looking good Myron :doublethumbsup:

Thanks Dave. I was out late last night so I didn't see this post until this morning. Turned out that I needed to do a bypass to my store's platform to get higher resolution pictures onto my site. This was done by uploading to the web host server through my C Panel rather than through the store front's administration function, which had lower limitations on size. Glad and relieved it all worked out.

Latest posts

Back