• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB 240mm gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdm_magic

Reaction score
Looking to get a new 240mm gyuto. Budget is specific to the knife, will see if I think its 'worth it' as it were. Open to just about any kind of gyuto. I'm a leftie though, and I'm in the UK so I'll have to take into account postage.

PM me or post here. Thanks folks.

Have you checked out WillC's off the shelf stuff at Catchside? Beautiful work I'm jonesin' for one myself.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/11056-Catcheside-Cutlery-Off-the-Shelf-Knives/page2

IMGP3456_zps7a46fa1d.jpg

Lovely knife, little out of my price range at the moment though

Best price!

Hey RDM... I know you probably won't be interested in this one, but as far as I can tell this UK site (yes UK!!) is sellng the Tojiro DP range cheaper than anywhere else I can find in the world, which is pretty amazing, especially when you consider there is zero chance of any extra charges and you can send it back for full refund within two weeks. I am probably going to buy a honesuki from these guys next week.

As far as recos for you go, you say price depends on knife, then when one is mentioned you say it is too expensive, so you must have some price limit in mind. I know you recently bought a 210 CarboNext, so assume this is to replace that. Why don't you just get a 240mm CarboNext? Maybe if you said what it was you liked/didn't like about the CN, and also gave a serious upper limit on what you can actually spend, you might get more targeted advice?

RDP ;)

+1 RDPX
I recently used my friends Tojiro and was impressed with how well it cut, good price, and was easy to happen. Granted she is a home cook, but knife keeps a decent edge.
Good luck
Mike

Best price!

Hey RDM... I know you probably won't be interested in this one, but as far as I can tell this UK site (yes UK!!) is sellng the Tojiro DP range cheaper than anywhere else I can find in the world, which is pretty amazing, especially when you consider there is zero chance of any extra charges and you can send it back for full refund within two weeks. I am probably going to buy a honesuki from these guys next week.

As far as recos for you go, you say price depends on knife, then when one is mentioned you say it is too expensive, so you must have some price limit in mind. I know you recently bought a 210 CarboNext, so assume this is to replace that. Why don't you just get a 240mm CarboNext? Maybe if you said what it was you liked/didn't like about the CN, and also gave a serious upper limit on what you can actually spend, you might get more targeted advice?

RDP ;)

Sure I do have a price limit, but I can easily break that if the right deal came along (someone offering a Suisin Honyaki or Tanaka iron wood etc at over my budget, but a good deal would still get their arm ripped off). I'm not sure if that makes sense, I have what I want to spend, and what I can spend for the right deal. The very upper I could spend is probably around 350$ plus shipping, but I'd want to be getting like 550$ of knife for that.

I actually recently sold the CN, I only sold it because it was a 210mm. The only reason I don't want another is because of all the variety, why get the same thing twice?

I've currently got a few knives that I'm mulling over, still looking for something to really scream to me though.

With all that is out there this is very understandable to me!

The only reason I don't want another is because of all the variety, why get the same thing twice?

I get that completely. I really like the CN I bought, but now I am looking at getting some other knives (suji, honesuki maybe) I want to try something different. I know what I buy might not be as good as the CN, but want to play the field a bit. It may be that sometime in the future I sell them all, but trying them out is fun, right?

I get that completely. I really like the CN I bought, but now I am looking at getting some other knives (suji, honesuki maybe) I want to try something different. I know what I buy might not be as good as the CN, but want to play the field a bit. It may be that sometime in the future I sell them all, but trying them out is fun, right?

The object’s not to own all the toys in the world, the object is to play with all the toys in the world. And you can’t play with them all if you keep them, you’ve got to keep trading them off.

Hi,

I have a brand new Hiro AS 240 and I am located in Denmark. I bought it few weeks ago while being in the states, but soon after I purchased two wa-gyuto's which I simply prefer + my girlfriend uses a Hiro AS 180 so I will still have the same steel to play.

The knife has been used to prepare couple of meals, but I haven't sharpened it yet.

If you are interested, price is 140$ + shipping and paypal fees.

My Watanabe is still available. That is one hell of a knife and one that I have not tried very hard to get rid of. Let me know if you are still interested or have any questions.

Thanks,
Anthony

My Watanabe is still available. That is one hell of a knife and one that I have not tried very hard to get rid of. Let me know if you are still interested or have any questions.

Thanks,
Anthony

Its too expensive for me at the moment!

Anyone have any experience with the knifes from Rakuten? Everything seems to match up, but even then I'm not sure a £20 difference warrants buying from there vs JCK..

Got a 240mm gyuto, next up is a 150mm petty. Looking for something as cheap as I can beaten up, old and abused aren't bad, if it gets me something better, obviously will need to be shipped to England still. Hit me with what you've got..

Getting this back on the first page.. I need a new 240mm while my itk is away getting some love

Have a Brand new Konosuke HD2 240mm Gyuto with western handle for sale soon. PM me if you are keen. Thks.

i mean shipped 185 to uk i am in the states

Interested in a Butch Harner 240 gyuto with kiritsuke tip?

Latest posts

Back