Quantcast
I QUIT !!!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I QUIT !!!!!

Good job Chris. Taking chances is not for everybody, but if you are persevere, good things will come to you. Guaranteed.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Chris, everything will work out for the better. There's no sense in staying in a job you dislike. Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    How many people have achieved greatness while playing it safe the whole time?
    Very few. Good luck in your search. One door closes...another opens.
    You started down a new path on a high note when you gave your current employer ample notice. Finish your two weeks by taking the high road and being professional. Ask for a letter of recommendation.
    Best of luck my friend.
    Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?

Good luck Chris, I'm sure this will work out for the best. Amazing how companies can be ungrateful in a situation like this. As someone else said, good on you for taking the high road!

Cheers,
    Jim
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Good luck !!! You can`t win the race if you don`t run!! Its gonna suck for a bit but you `ll find your footing and take off like a cheetah!!
    I have discovered that all human evil comes from this, man's being unable to sit still in a room. -Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)

Joseph Campbell said "follow your bliss". When you do the universe opens up for you.
    Best of fortune in your quest!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    Man, I hated catering. It's rare I cook "out" these days despite many good money requests.I just hate it!
    I can tell you from experience, cooking isn't the same without the passion.

Good for you!
    I agree with Salty completely.

Catering sucks! And without passion and creativity, this industry becomes pretty soul sucking rather quickly... Glad to see you're doing what feels right for you, rather than what feels right for your wallet. People mix those up a lot it seems...
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    I agree with Salty completely.

Catering sucks! And without passion and creativity, this industry becomes pretty soul sucking rather quickly... Glad to see you're doing what feels right for you, rather than what feels right for your wallet. People mix those up a lot it seems...
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you guys on this. Catering doesn't suck,some caterers suck.I'm fortunate enough to work for a great catering company filled with tons of passion and creativity.
    Nothing wrong with making good money for what you're good at(and enjoy).I'll never go back to regular kitchen work..ever.

Congrats to you for doing what you think is right and good luck!

Good luck!
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

+1 yup.. would they give you 2 weeks if they were firing you? i think not

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Good for you Chris!

BTW, I wouldn't even give them the two weeks. Let them taste some of the crap that you've been chewing on.