Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I QUIT !!!!!

catering doesnt suck in general. but like any other job there are good companies that have their sh!t together and others that dont. FWIW i once had a job for over 3 years and the day i decided to put my notice in they literally told me to GTFO that day. good luck with your job hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoni Lang View Post
    +1 yup.. would they give you 2 weeks if they were firing you? i think not
    Still, never burn bridges in this revolving door industry. It's the same people at different places later on in life. Today's dishwasher is tomorrow's Executive Chef.

I'm facing a difficult dilemma myself. Good luck Chris, I hope you find something you enjoy.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

i completely agree.. its why he's done such a great thing to cater to them (no pun intended).. they might be calling him back soon, to which he can kindly decline, and still have a good relationship/reference

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    Still, never burn bridges in this revolving door industry. It's the same people at different places later on in life. Today's dishwasher is tomorrow's Executive Chef.

I'm facing a difficult dilemma myself. Good luck Chris, I hope you find something you enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    Still, never burn bridges in this revolving door industry. It's the same people at different places later on in life.
    +1. many times over, the people ive worked under have ended up working for me. and vice versa.

Most employers don't want people who give notice of termination "hanging around" when their heart's not into it and their mind is elsewhere.Hopefully it's a business decision and not personal.

depends on how good of an employee you are i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by shankster View Post
    Most employers don't want people who give notice of termination "hanging around" when their heart's not into it and their mind is elsewhere.Hopefully it's a business decision and not personal.

I also think most employees are ready to leave the same day(or week) they give notice.They do it out of professional courtesy..or not wanting to burn any bridges,which is the right thing to do.

true.. usually the happiest you see them is their last day on the job

Quote Originally Posted by shankster View Post
    I also think most employees are ready to leave the same day(or week) they give notice.They do it out of professional courtesy..or not wanting to burn any bridges,which is the right thing to do.

just think of how much fun you are going to have doing a tasting while showing off your cool knives!!

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    Hey David, if nothing pans out for me I'm going to appear on your doorstep to begin my new career as "Boardsmith shop monkey".
    I promise I'll buy some steel-toed shoes/boots first though!
    Come on! My sharp things spin and travel at 3500 rpm but stiil cut though. Maybe it is time to learn a new trade!? LOL