Mora knives. you know about them?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
i just bought two of them. i got two different models, and when i opened the box, they were both the same exact knife. funny. i got the mil spec mora. i gave one to my brother. i paid a whopping $15 each for them. they have a weird Scandi grind, that i am still reading up on. sharp? good lordie!! very sharp! arm shaving sharp! i got them for my nasty elk hunts. our last elk, i chewed up a good knife pretty good. i (shameful, i know) had to drop it off at some Japanese woodworking shop to let the tech put the edge back. i let it get too dull and couldnt get it sharp again.

so enter the Mora. high carbon steel from Sweden. i plan on using it hard this season. i;ve seen a man hammer a knife thru a sternum and the pelvic bone before..with a $15 knife..why not?

i dulled it a tiny bit cutting a bunch of lotus root. quick swipe on the ceramic rods, got the edge back fast..

anyone slumming it with a Mora? this knife is ugly. it has sorta a fibrox grip..i will force patina it soon before my turkey hunting trip in a few weeks. hope my brother brings his. the sheath on these knives are embarrasing. horrid plastic socklike things. they make better sheaths, but they cost more than both knives combined. hahah.

wanting to get a couple for myself.

these knives are the best value knives you can get as an all purpose outdoors knife.

been wanting to know what kind carbon steel they use, all i know it's a sandvik carbon steel. they also come in stainless which is 12c27 afaik.

another good value outdoorsy knife would be svord from new zealand.

i watched a video on youtube and said that some people just throw them away after they get dull coz they're so cheap. i know i wouldn't do that.

decent and all purpose hardness at around 58RC in stainless and in carbon 59-60rc.... afaik

i plan to gift a couple also to two friends of mine, the stainless versions.

I recently got a cheap Mora Frosts boning knife, Swedisch stainless steel at 58RC. It takes a very nice edge, great value for money.

I have a Mora 2000 which has also 19c27 blade. Love that knife. Rater easy to sharpen, holds edge very long and is very tough. It is mine go-to outdoor knife. Great value for the money.

Very good quality, and super cheap. I've got a couple, mostly for use in the yard/garden.

Back