Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: what are your other hobbies?

I build, service and repair electric guitars and tube amps. That and the occasional modern art when called upon. If I had money I'd build hot rods.

1. reading and 2 restoring teh polish adn minor repairs of old chinese furniture, hunting for hard wood slabs for tables and benches and hard wood furniture and items.

dont care too much for the old patina on antiques.... light sanding to remove the old "dirt and grime", oil and then waxing .

Not too successful with shellac and polyurethane and not to mention the numerous failed attempts at french polish(ing).

d

I would say photography but in the past few years I found myself spending more time on researching gear than on taking pictures. Other than that, lots of reading and eating, not as much cooking as I would like to - too few people around me to appreciate it. And I should go to the beach more often....

Stefan

Guitars and photography, the latter sometimes for paid gigs. And growing vegetables. And eating.

Reading (right now in the middle of What Did You Expect by Paul Trip & Desiring God by John Piper), running, interval training, cooking, computer nerd. Cooking has been the perfect hobby for the season of life I'm in. I've got 3 small kids and we all have to eat anyway. They can all get in the kitchen with me and my wife and I can enjoy my hobby and spend time with everybody. Best of both worlds.

Straight razor restoration and shaving with them.

Running. I work for charity one day per week as well

I like to play chess. I'm not very good at it but I did beat a Russian Grand master once. He lived about 70 miles away and I used to take lessons from him. He passed away a few years ago. His name is Igor Ivanov, look him up.

Hoss

Hiking, biking, snowboarding; and growing very hot peppers.
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by DevinT View Post
    I like to play chess. I'm not very good at it but I did beat a Russian Grand master once. He lived about 70 miles away and I used to take lessons from him. He passed away a few years ago. His name is Igor Ivanov, look him up.

Hoss
    Do you play online anywhere (or would consider dong so)--I love playing chess and do so frequently