what are your other hobbies?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
kinda like to get a feel on the folks here.

me..hunting, fishing and vintage german porsches. inexpensive hobbies. :)

stealing candy from small children, tripping old people and rearranging the furniture in blind peoples houses.

Cycling, competitive shooting, reading, writing (computer) scripts....

huge, major, uber nerd.

vegetable gardening, computer games, tech, gadgets, cars, car audio, is watching japanese shows and movies a hobby? lol.

Shooting, cooking, reading, and I love my veggie garden.

Singing, photography, reading, cooking, baking, theology. The usual.

I build, service and repair electric guitars and tube amps. That and the occasional modern art when called upon. If I had money I'd build hot rods.

1. reading and 2 restoring teh polish adn minor repairs of old chinese furniture, hunting for hard wood slabs for tables and benches and hard wood furniture and items.

dont care too much for the old patina on antiques.... light sanding to remove the old "dirt and grime", oil and then waxing .

Not too successful with shellac and polyurethane and not to mention the numerous failed attempts at french polish(ing).

d

I would say photography but in the past few years I found myself spending more time on researching gear than on taking pictures. Other than that, lots of reading and eating, not as much cooking as I would like to - too few people around me to appreciate it. And I should go to the beach more often....

Stefan

Guitars and photography, the latter sometimes for paid gigs. And growing vegetables. And eating.

Reading (right now in the middle of What Did You Expect by Paul Trip & Desiring God by John Piper), running, interval training, cooking, computer nerd. Cooking has been the perfect hobby for the season of life I'm in. I've got 3 small kids and we all have to eat anyway. They can all get in the kitchen with me and my wife and I can enjoy my hobby and spend time with everybody. Best of both worlds.

I like to play chess. I'm not very good at it but I did beat a Russian Grand master once. He lived about 70 miles away and I used to take lessons from him. He passed away a few years ago. His name is Igor Ivanov, look him up.

Hoss

Hiking, biking, snowboarding; and growing very hot peppers.

I like to play chess. I'm not very good at it but I did beat a Russian Grand master once. He lived about 70 miles away and I used to take lessons from him. He passed away a few years ago. His name is Igor Ivanov, look him up.

Hoss

Do you play online anywhere (or would consider dong so)--I love playing chess and do so frequently

sailing, bowl turning, faceting gems, polishing opal, abstract painting oils and encsaustic, collecting stuff.

Nice to see people also interested in the arts. Photography, painting in misc media, used to shoot (guns) but can't find ammo, used to write but can't find the inspiration, used to shoot stupid videos but lost interest. And I cook when I have to.

I dabble in wooden boat restoration and when my kids get a little older will start climbing again.

Really nice to see what else people are into. Great thread. :)

My other hobbies: Making things (i.e. knitting, sewing, baking, building things, molding clay, etc.), video games, snowboard/falling (still in-progress), baking, tea and... reading Japanese comic books.

Interested in: Potentially the viola, swing dancing, motorcycles, cooking, archery, and... knife sharpening, especially after a little encouragement from Son. lol

Cooking, soccer, the Porsche thing (mainly track driving and working/ running tech inspections), wasting time on car, kitchen knife and camera forums. Gardening too, but the wife makes me do that.

If I have any time away from the shop, I am either watching baseball at home, go to some single "A" games (Marlins farm team) locally with my wife, go shooting when the weather is warm or just try to relax. But the time away from the shop and home chores allows for little if any extra time for fun things.

Rock climbing, chess, reading, skiing, Persian rugs....and this knife thing

Cooking, soccer, the Porsche thing (mainly track driving and working/ running tech inspections), wasting time on car, kitchen knife and camera forums. Gardening too, but the wife makes me do that.

you and i have something in common. my 1981 911SC is mostly for the track. since my wife got laid-off and is now in nursing school..i slowly removed track bits to make it more comfy. it used to be named, "mighty whitey"..and now it is more "betty whitey" :D

Back