• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Watanabe 240 Blue steel Gyuto w custom handle by Mario Ingoglia

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antbanks

Reaction score
I bought this knife from Mario a few a year or two ago. Hate to sell it, but need to offset all my purchasing lately. LOVE the profile on this baby and the grind is fantastic - at one time, when Dave Martell sharpened this knife he said: "One of the best Watanabe spine to edge grinds that I've seen." The handle was redone by Mario and is nice and mighty in the hand. The fit and finish is also excellent as the choil has been ground in ever so slightly which looks cool and works great with a pinch grip. He has also nicely rounded and polished the knife all along the spine and choil. Has a nice blue patina on it, but I can flitz if you like. Great all around everyday knife. Asking what I paid - $420 shipped conus.

Thanks, it has not been easy....but have picked up some really nice stuff as a result of selling them all.

I wish I could, I had admired that one the last time it came up. Just love Watanabes profiles. GLWS,

Stefan

I too have to say WOW! Out of my price range with work being slow, but that would look great in my knife drawer:D. Out of curiosity- does it come with a saya?

Sorry, there is no saya. Thanks for all the compliments....you all have me considering just keeping it. Must resist, too many 240s as it is.

I have similar one thinned by Dave with Stefan's handle & Marko's saya! it is one hefty cutting machine!! my favor work horse gyuto right now... Good Luck With Sale!!

I will quote Dave Martell as saying that this was one of the best ground Watanabe blades he has seen.

have had a lot of offers for trade, but still looking to sell.

Just gotta say my man, this knife is ridiculous! I took wet sand paper and polished the knife to 2500 grit then did the edge at about 11* per side up to a kitayama 8k and stropped with .5 micron diamond on leather... what a F***ing beast! Cant thank you enough and question why you sold it hahah. thanks again

Jared

20130420_235631_zps9b3640bb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

she aint perfect but its the best i could do with an hour before i took her to work today. what a cutting machine tho, and not very reactive for being carbon, hasnt even started a patina yet, strange..

Very nice, I love these 'almighty' Watanabe gyutos.

Stefan

congratulation! I love mine very much too! Watanabe gyuto is a true work-horse cutting machine!!

If I wasn't so sour about not pulling the trigger I would probably congratulate you

Congrats, best she's looked in years! I told you that knife is a beast...Enjoy it and put it to good work :)

Latest posts

Back