Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTB: kitchen clogs

WTB: kitchen clogs

I need to replace my kitchen shoes and I was hoping to try a pair of leather clogs. Does anyone have a pair laying around? Something like the Dansko Pro XPs or Troentorp. I'd be a size 43 or 44. Thanks!

Troentorp without question. I use mine every day, granted I'm not a professional cook but have had the T for over two years and the soul doesn't even show any sign of wear. Dansko souls are designed to breakdown. I would chew up a pair of regular men's Dansko clogs every year. After the fourth pair I said no more and went Troentorp and have never looked back

http://www.shoebuy.com/troentorp-bas.../261600/557337

High heels ain't just for women anymore. LOL
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Mucho, any chance we could get a pic of these in person? I might try to get a pair, but its hard to tell how they actually look from the sales pics..

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    I would send you a pair of my old 'Sko Pros, but the US Postal Service has some laws against transporting toxic or harmful materials.

I don't think you'll get any bites on this one Sam, most everyone's feet get so funky and stank.......................
    .........especially us kitchen peeps.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Totally understood! I was hoping someone might have tried a pair, didn't like them, and put them in the closet. I won't get my hopes up but thanks for the advice, ya'll!

i have a pair of danskos, they are size 46, only wore them for a month tops bc i have flat feet and two of my toes went numb. maybe a sole insert willl compensate for size?

Hey Jared,
    No idea about that. It seems to me unlikely to make a good fit, but I've also got zero experience with Danskos! I'll shoot you a PM.

I second Troentorp FWIW. I had some friends recommend them to me about two years ago. This couple has been wearing them for about ten years now and have had one wooden last replaced (split it on a shovel) and Troentorp carved a new one and used the old leather so it felt just as worn in. Awesome. Mine are about two years old of 60 hours per work week (professional kitchen) on average plus some, and I bought myself another pair about 6 months ago to wear outside of work. I'll never go back to anything else!

I had a pair of dansko size 44 open back I wore once and didn't like em. If I can find them I'll send them to you. I look around but no promises.

If youre on a budget I would suggest checking out the Mozos sharks clogs on Amazon. Theyre usually $70 but the clogs with the fried egg are marked down to $37, and sizzling bacon clogs are like $35. I know its kinda silly wearing food art on your clogs, theyre really good for work.