Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Bag / Roll do you use?

Question What Bag / Roll do you use?

I destroyed the zippers on my roll last fall, and also picked up some 300cm knives over the winter. They fit in the old roll, just not right, so I've been considering picking up a plastic or steel toolbox. I would prefer something that keeps the pigs from banging around other than wrapping everything in towels. I got about 2 months before catering picks up again. What do you guys use?

Tojiro pro roll, got from amazon shipped from Japan.

Ultimate Edge Knife Bag. Burly. Keeps my 300mm Konosuke Suji just fine...Though it's a slight push with the saya.
    "Suck less every day."

Rolls take up a lot of real estate to grab even the smallest item, and rarely have storage for anything non knife related. Not a fan. The Ultimate edge bags are the best I've used/seen, hands down. Briefcase style. Very economical in terms of space, both in terms of usage and access. Sturdy too. I can store a 300 tako with saya. But just barely.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

I use a Steve Goodson roll, love it. Although I sometimes wish it had more versatility .

I use a wusthof 12 pocket knife roll but I soon will be looking for something new as well since its starting to fall apart can't handle all the stuff I cram in it.

Being a corporate chef, always on the move, I use a Wusthof backpack that has a three fold insert (holds fourteen knives) that I can carry my garmo tools, lap top and misc. utensils in with minimal effort. Had it about two years and still holding up well.
    Good food is essential, where knives are an integral part of the process.

Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    Before you amassed your collection eh rick? My only hesitation with the ultimate edge is the fact I cant bring that many tools with me. Most of what I do is offsite catering and I like to carry a lot of hand tools and only 3 - 4 knives. Forgetting to pack out a whisk and or rubber spat etc. etc. is a nightmare when you are 2 hours away from the commissary kitchen. The portfolio doesn't quite seem to have enough depth in the pages to carry a whisk / small army of male and female spoons. My roll can fit a lot of crap in it just doesn't roll up anymore. I guess ill have to get a toolbox, and fashion some sort of padding.

This vid is several years old. I pack waaaayyyy more **** in there now. It weighs almost 30 lbs literally. I weighed it. I pack a ton of **** in that mesh area too. A dozen spoons, fish spat, tongs, scissors, peelers, sushi mat, tweezers, oyster knives, heart spring whisk etc. A couple of rubber spats would be no problem. I say give it a shot. If you don't like it I'm sure you could sell it here no problem.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/