Thread: pay increase going from cook to sous?

pay increase going from cook to sous?

I am currently a cook and am going to be moving to DC to help open a restaurant as a sous chef. This is with my current company. I am currently trying to negotiate a salary, but I want to know what would be deemed a fair wage increase for taking on the managerial responsibilities of a sous.

Not to much. A sous chef it s the head chef *****. Yes of course you have to do the schedules, order list, help with the menus but doesn't mean that you gonna have a real big increase on your pay check, maybe a few undread more.
    But any way congratulations 🎊 for your new position, enjoy it and have fun 😄💪💪💪💪💪

Might want to reach out to Travis (tkern). May be best to send a PM.

im no expert , as im just a cook iii, but i think it depends on the company you work for, how much experience you have, how badly they need you, etc

at my old company where i worked, we had a sous chef come on board with a lot of experience that our kitchen needed. he made about 25/hour and then got an 18% pay increase when he threatened to leave

At the hotel brand i work for now, we make a little more than the average cook pay, so i imagine the sous chefs also make more