Quantcast
Gesshin Ginga vs. Sakai Yusuke Ks clone
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gesshin Ginga vs. Sakai Yusuke Ks clone

Gesshin Ginga vs. Sakai Yusuke Ks clone

What do you guys think is the better knife? Im looking for a 240mm carbon gyuto, and I'm thinking I might like to go with either the gesshin ginga, or the sakai yusuke ks clone. I dont know a whole lot about the gesshin, and wonder how these two compare

I have the Sakai Yusuki it's one of my favorite knives.It is thin,has a feather edge,easy to sharpen,gets a great edge even on just using a 2K stone.I am a little biased,think it is a good deal for a fine carbon tool at around 200.00.I also have a white steel konosuki,prefer the Sakai though the knives are similar.

No experience wt. the carbon Ginga,but I'm sure some people here have it.I am sure it is a good carbon as well.

I'm actually waiting/watching for another listing of a Sakai Yusuke Ks clone. There it's a rather nice lengthy review that has really turned me on to it...

yes. were all patiently waiting....its taking forever.

Thanks for the link. That was actually what made me pose the question! The yusuke looks like a spectacular knife, and I'm leaning more in that direction right now.

aside from my plans on getting a yamawaku, i'd get a sakai yusuke as well. not that the gesshin is an awesome knife. jon's stuff are all awesome.

Marc, I have a Yusuke special thin 240 Gyuto that is largely my go-to knife for prep unless I want more detail in my cuts then go for my Mori Nakiri. I have on order the 210 Swedish, 61RC, flatter profile with a 2.8mm spine above heel. As much as I love the special thin, I'd like something with a thicker spine. I spoke to MPukas last week (his knife in that review), he still raves about it. Reach out to BlueWayJapan (Keiichi), he's absolutely great to deal with and will gladly accept back any knife if your not 100% satisfied.

Yusuke come in three configurations:

Standard non-customized White #2 Special Thin
    Standard non-customized White #2, Spine thickness around 2.2
    Customized and special order, Swedish Stainless, extra hardened to 61RC and in a flatter profile

He can get them in 210, 240 and 270. Come in Magnolia/buffolo ferrule. can get them in other woods but take longer

Keiichi said my knife would be available in April.

Will post my review after. Also you can see my other review hereon the Special thin 210 I got

The knife is was way under valued, but when demand increased so will the price. you know how that goes

thanks mucho bocho. im just going to place a custom.

+ Reply to Thread