Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Next Grand-Palooza Knife Fight Event Extraordinaire -- Minneapolis 2017

The Next Grand-Palooza Knife Fight Event Extraordinaire -- Minneapolis 2017

I have not been on the forums in a while. I have kids, depression, knives, a wife, did I mention kids?

Anyhow, I feel that in the upper Midwest we have some amazing knife resources. Salty, Mario, Chuckles, CustomFan, Heldentenor, moi-self Mr. Drinky, Justin 0505, and some others that I will feel bad for missing...KKf member came from AZ, Chicago, Wisconsin, MN etc.

So the last knife party we had was epic. We had 300+ knives from many custom makers. Burke, Dabney, Haburn, Nguyen, and Bloodroot made blades to test out, and we all had many other blades to make things obscene.

Then we had a debris field of people littering my house for three days straight....

It was the last time we all hung out with Danny, and it was cool...and I will never forget that time. We are approaching the year mark when Danny signed out of the forum for the last time, and this deserves a good party. A really good fuc**n party.

So this is what I want, or would like, etc.

* I am going to make the dates to ensure that Stefan Kellar can possibly make it. He needs to come. He's coming. Did I say he is coming?
    * I would love for 2-4 makers to come. That happened last time too.
    * I would love to have some Randy billets of damascus.
    * My dream is for someone to do a hammer-in. Or in lieu of that some sort of quenching or heat treatment. Teach the cooks about steel. Just do it.
    * I'm not sure where and when this will happen. I have a place in Chicao and here in Minneapolis. We'll see....and I might be buying a bar.

Yeah, and all of that other stuff...

Let me know if you are interested.

Karring
    Last edited by Von blewitt; 12-02-2016 at 05:28 PM.
    Danny 'Zwiefel' Owen - 1971-2016 Moderator and Knife Knut for Eternity. RIP

So cool to see you back in the neighborhood Karring. Miss Danny every time I see one of his old posts...this sounds like a good plan.

Cheers
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

By the way, when you read my initial post try to read it with the John C. Riley voice in your head.

I would love to send a blade , I am so bummed I couldn't make one for the PNW gathering, wish I could make in person, I will be in USA in late September

I'm always open for a KKF shin dig. Need to burn some frequent flyer miles too.
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

I'm new here but this sounds EPIC. If it happens in Chicago I'd love to be included.

May I ask if stones could be a thing as well?

And just like a couple of years ago, this sounded like the best idea when I had way too much to drink. Oh well...it worked out last time too.

As far as timing, I am looking at something next fall. The last party took way too much planning, and three months lead time was not enough for makers to put a blade together if they wanted to send something in.

And now I am going to have to check my PMs, as I am pretty sure I offered to relocate Dave Martell's whole family to Minneapolis, cash in my 401k for his leisure, and work as his man servant in perpetuity.

k.

I don't know is it just going to be a bunch of old guys napping in recliners?

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...light=Fcuk+you

Quote Originally Posted by bkultra View Post
    I don't know is it just going to be a bunch of old guys napping in recliners?

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...light=Fcuk+you
    Sort of. And knives too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1024.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	33794  

StereoPete has a tendency to fall asleep in chairs. He is the mod for this forum too. Let's see if he notices.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	161.3 KB 
ID:	33818  
    If you're going through hell, keep going.