Quantcast
Have you guys heard/read about it? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you guys heard/read about it?

Having spent the last day dealing with the effects of some bad takeout, my views might be slightly extreme.

Burn them to the ground. Salt the earth. Pillory the survivors.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

And their children should not have shoes.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

provided you use appropriate cleaning products while washing your hands, you can wash them just as well in cold water. Downside is that it takes longer to rinse after but you can still kill germs just as well, but not as efficiently

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    Having spent the last day dealing with the effects of some bad takeout, my views might be slightly extreme.
    Burn them to the ground. Salt the earth. Pillory the survivors.
    Ha Ha! +101% and may I trot out my sympathies for you! There is just no excuse for bad hygiene or poor cleanliness habits. In my experience the fact that it's a classy restaurant doesn't necessarily mean that their food handling is better either. Last year I've had terrible debilitating food poisoning that lasted 5 days from food at the Australian Embassy in Beijing. I think this was from the salad. Another time, some years ago I copped it from the dining room in the State Parliament in New South Wales and I'm certain it was from the smoked salmon. The ridiculous thing is that I've had street food from all over the world without problems. Well, India was an exception I'd have to say.

On the same subject though at a tangent, I also find it disgusting that so many people don't wash their hands after going to the toilet. My observation's just for guys in public toilets. Many a time I've been sorely tempted to do an "Oi you have you forgotten something?!".

Quote Originally Posted by Sambal View Post
    On the same subject though at a tangent, I also find it disgusting that so many people don't wash their hands after going to the toilet. My observation's just for guys in public toilets. Many a time I've been sorely tempted to do an "Oi you have you forgotten something?!".
    Just do him a favour by following him back to his friends and after he has grabbed himself some chips from the bowl they are sharing, let him know the sink is now free so he can wash his hands after going to the toilet.
    I'm sure he and his friends will appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by bieniek View Post
    I have the advantage of reading Norwegian/Danish newspapers, on the net, and the official statement from the Noma was that they appointed a plumber to fix the problem cause there was no hot water available.

Just saying.
    Wow, that's pretty effed up.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky