Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $1000 popscicle

$1000 popscicle

Sorry, but here is one for all those Kramer-haters. Just to put things in perspective - there are worse things out there than $12,000 damascus chef knives:

$1000 popscicle

-M

I guess I don't drink tequila enough to really know why anyone would pay 1500 dollars for a bottle of tequila. Is it supposed to taste better or is it like vodka where it's supposed to taste more and more like water the "better" it is? If so, why the hell would you pay 1500 dollars to drink something that tastes like water? I'd spend that money on a Kramer over booze any day...

I don't think anyone hates on Bob. Bob is a cool guy. I think people are just a little peeved that the market price for his knives have been set by people that probably cook once a week for their friends in their high rise Manhattan apartment or McMansion.

Edit:

Not that there is anything wrong with cooking for your friend in a McMansion other than I'm not in that situation myself.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." --Albert Einstein

Hey, don't knock booze -- especially vodka.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by rockbox View Post
    I don't think anyone hates on Bob. Bob is a cool guy. I think people are just a little peeved that the market price for his knives have been set by people that probably cook once a week for their friends in their high rise Manhattan apartment or McMansion
    +1.

For $1,000, my popsicle better come with a super hot girl to sensuously consume it with innuendo in every lick. And for $1,000, she had better be hungry for more than a popsicle!
    - Sean

Hmm that's still alright. At least the ingredients are partially the reason why it costs so much. How about a $233,972 bottle of wine?

http://www.decanter.com/news/wine-ne...-prices-insane

The newly minted billianaires in China are warping perceived values of the ultra luxuries in the world. Quite interesting for all those people who were formerly sitting on things that now can fetch even more ridiculous prices.

I wasn't sure if this thread was appropriate and might have even put it in the wrong place, but I consider Bob my friend and I want him to be successful. I want other custom kitchen knife makers to be successful and I want to be successful. The other day I had a customer who told me, after ordering a custom 10" Chef knife, that I was crazy for asking what I did and did not place the order. I know it's a lot of money, but this is what I do for a living, so when I find examples of $4000 handbags, $15,000 chairs, $1,000,000 cars and $1000 popsicle, it just makes me feel that I am right where I need to be. And a $233,972 bottle of wine... Yep, I'm good.
    -M

p.s. you know, while I'm on a mini-rant here, I must say, of any small investment, a knife is really a good one. A bottle of wine gets drank (drunk?) most cars get junked, handbags get torn & worn, Popsicles get licked (by a hot woman - right?) but a knife can last a thousand years. Those $12,000+ Kramers will be in the family for generations. Kind of interesting to think about.

You are. I consider every knife I've purchased from you a very good value.

and the slicer was a steal.