Media Michelin Stars The Madness of Perfection (and French tire sales)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a great way to spend an hour. When I first stumbled across it I was shocked I'd never heard of it before, it's very interesting and insightful.
Along similar lines, check out "A Matter of Taste" about Paul Liebrandt (I found it on Netflix).
And there's the movie "Le Corque: A Table in Heaven".

If we could get our wives to watch these, maybe they'd understand why we're so uncompromising...

The original Michelin man smoked a pipe -- and I think he wore a top hat too. I'm only part way through the video.

Btw, here is the brigate at Bocues -- 3 Michelin stars.

k.

IMG_0742.jpg

Watched it few years ago and well it is well made what bothers me is that the guy is supposedly a food journalist yet is amazed astonished and surprised by the standards and the stress? ? ? ? ? ? ? So what kind of food he writes about?

And that he has to slice perfect slices? Only lazy people not try doing that.

But about the Michelin, I don think it is the fault of the gummi man because the guide wasnt made for the chefs to feel better but for the drivers mainly. Its mankinds flaw unfortunately to let the ambition over. And then it started, only 60 restaurants in the world worth a detour, and people who work for the purpose of getting stars, and cook out of fear to loose them, not for the pleasure of cooking.

The original Michelin man smoked a pipe -- and I think he wore a top hat too. I'm only part way through the video.

Btw, here is the brigate at Bocues -- 3 Michelin stars.

k.

You read Felix Hirsch's??

Back