Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I received an email from Mr. Rader...

I received an email from Mr. Rader...

My time has finally come up on his list and my custom boning knife has just been forged. Heat treatment shall commence shortly. This will be my first custom knife, and my first knife purchase in at least a year, to say I am excited is a huge understatement.

Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Congratulations! A call or email from Mr. Rader is indeed a reason to rejoice! It is nice to look at these pictures, thanks and continue to enjoy.

Eat to live? -> live to eat... but as long as we are at it... eat very, very well!

Awesome, Pete!

Looking forward to more details...

oh boy! looks like its gona be a sweet knife! Congrats and I'm looking forward to the next round of photos.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Really nice! Can't wait to see the progress.

I seem to always forget that one of his customs would definitely be on my bucket list. Congrats, Pete!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

And it only gets better from that first forged picture(can't say rough-forged, because his after forging are certainly not rough). Of course the anticipation builds, and the eagerness, and then the knife shows up about a week before you expect it. Enjoy the ride.

I will post more pics as I receive them and for those wondering, the steel is 52100.

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    I will post more pics as I receive them and for those wondering, the steel is 52100.
    I want to know if you've decided upon handle materials...love Rader's handle work!

When it comes to handles I have not decided. I too am a huge fan of Mr. Rader's western style handles and was thinking of using a bone material to keep with the theme of the knife. I am not sure yet though but I certainly will update this thread with pictures when I receive them.