Quantcast
Sous Vide - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sous Vide

well then why not call it Beef Wellington? It isn't that either. Take any quote out of context to make it fit your definition and what you get is perpetual misinformation. Just because some chef you look up to called it something incorrectly doesn't actually lend validity to the misinformation. Just because it was in it's shell doesn't change the fact that it is still a poached egg.

The egg doesn't have to be under 100% vacuum or something that would crush the shell... but without ANY vacuum, it is not sous vide.

So if I throw the egg in a bag and vac it lightly until sealed, and then put it in a water bath, I can call it sous vide? Whats the point, its just a waste of a bag.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    Exactly.

How long at 145 did you do the roast?
    ~10 hrs.

Boy this thread sure took a dive, thanks for popping in chefwatson....
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

LOL. I tried a little bit of silliness/sarcasm in another thread to make that point and was taken seriously. My question is does the technique work and how and does the stuff that you prepare that way taste good? You can use whatever terminology you wish, but the second part is the important one, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by wenus2 View Post
    ~10 hrs.

Boy this thread sure took a dive, thanks for popping in chefwatson....

+ Reply to Thread